What did you cook or eat today (May 2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mushrooms on toast for lunch.

I made fregula pasta with prawns and haricots in a curry sauce. Now, I like curry very much although my curry taste experience is quite limited since I can only find the Supermarket version and no chances to find an authentic one over here unless I go to some Indian restaurant (but I’m sure that more or less the curry taste has been adapted to Italians).
However in my little way, I did enjoy this.

Afternoon snack

IMG_1588.JPG

I made this yesterday for an impromptu gathering of the Neighborhood Gal Pals gab fest ... we hadn't been seen each other in more than 2 weeks.
I followed TastyReuben Ginger-Lime Hummus recipe, I forgot to take a photo yesterday, sorry, but I served it up with crudité and Pita Chips/Crisps (store bought) on a large tray... it was all gone by the time everyone went home! (well, not all of the veg, but...)
I got about 2 cups of Hummus and only took a cup of it next door.
Some how I knew it would taste even better the next day, and it is!!!

Afternoon snack

View attachment 84693

I made this yesterday for an impromptu gathering of the Neighborhood Gal Pals gab fest ... we hadn't been seen each other in more than 2 weeks.
I followed TastyReuben Ginger-Lime Hummus recipe, I forgot to take a photo yesterday, sorry, but I served it up with crudité and Pita Chips/Crisps (store bought) on a large tray... it was all gone by the time everyone went home! (well, not all of the veg, but...)
I got about 2 cups of Hummus and only took a cup of it next door.
Some how I knew it would taste even better the next day, and it is!!!
I’m so glad that worked out for you!

I'll try for a better picture tomorrow. I forgot to take anything when it was served with rice this evening, but I made "chilli con fungi". I use grated mushrooms instead of mice or mince if predictive text will allow it for once! It works really well though on this occasion the mushrooms were Portobello mushrooms and quite dark in colour so the tomatoes aren't really showing through in the coming in the skillet picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom