What did you cook or eat today (May 2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use grated mushrooms instead of mice or mince if predictive text will allow it for once! It works really well though on this occasion the mushrooms were Portobello mushrooms and quite dark in colour so the tomatoes aren't really showing through in the coming in the skillet picture.

Mushrooms instead of meat? I like it. Personally, I’d skip the mice, since that would make it non-vegetarian. 😉

I ate half a bagel for breakfast. I am heating up some spicy chicken soup from a container I found in the freezer from a few months ago. Chicken, peppers, green chiles, tomatoes, onions, chicken stock...it's a bit chilly tonight so this will be good. This will likely be the last soup we eat until fall. Although I have some fresh broccoli in the refrigerator I need to use up, so maybe creamy broccoli soup tomorrow night? It will be cool for another month or more here.

There is only one decent chippy in Singapore and a cod and chips is the equivalent of GBP 16 quid (UKers will know this is eye-wateringly expensive for a ‘commoner’s’ food) so I only buy it as an occasional treat:

7DF9B808-4B82-41EA-AF7D-73D98B3E8CC1.jpeg

It must be 20 odd years ago that the Singapore Harry Ramsden's franchise chippy closed. I can't remember the prices but I remember they weren't cheap.

A Brazilian steakhouse in Madrid. This is not a place where presentation is a factor…delivery is the key. I am limited to 6 pictures on this forum, but there are 9 different meats that I counted: ham, pork, chicken, beef, prime rib, sausage, and on and on. And, you can have additional helpings of whatever you want, too. I think I have my protein content for the rest of the week.

494C7DF4-ACF9-413C-86ED-1E04CEC98799.jpeg F35397E5-C36E-48DB-AF1C-6EB764267B13.jpeg 276F2C06-0760-427E-9C30-6EE22C573539.jpeg DCE1E0C0-5511-4015-9E90-0CF15F33830E.jpeg 9BFEFDDE-8EBF-4CD7-8A3D-05FBF5863AE2.jpeg C829FEF2-CE4A-4E3A-9D55-57EADF285577.jpeg

Brazilians consume almost as much meat per capita as in the USA. 79 kgs yearly.
Brazilian steakhouses typically offer "as much as you can eat" and offer meat, meat, meat, meat and more meat, with the occasional vegetable for contrast. :laugh: :laugh:
There´s one down the road here: £25 ($32) a head. My two sons went down there a couple of weeks back. Two hours later they came back mooing.

A Brazilian steakhouse in Madrid. This is not a place where presentation is a factor…delivery is the key. I am limited to 6 pictures on this forum, but there are 9 different meats that I counted: ham, pork, chicken, beef, prime rib, sausage, and on and on. And, you can have additional helpings of whatever you want, too. I think I have my protein content for the rest of the week.

View attachment 84771 View attachment 84772 View attachment 84773 View attachment 84774 View attachment 84775 View attachment 84776
Those brazilian steak houses are all over Portugal too.

I don't know if you're still there but enjoy Madrid, I love that city! And if go to Museo del Prado say hello to "Las Meninas" for me, that's my favorite painting and I miss seeing it in person 🤩

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom