What did you cook or eat today (May 2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Breakfast for dinner. Waffles with a spin. Chopped up mint flavored chocolate and mixed it in the batter. That bit of mint went well with the butter and syrup. Being diabetic I use sugar free syrup. After a couple of brands that were awful I found that Log Cabin sugar free syrup is very close to the original.

Breakfast for dinner. Waffles with a spin. Chopped up mint flavored chocolate and mixed it in the batter. That bit of mint went well with the butter and syrup. Being diabetic I use sugar free syrup. After a couple of brands that were awful I found that Log Cabin sugar free syrup is very close to the original.
Wow, that's fantastic news about the Log Cabin. I haven't had the original since the 1970s. My dad used to make me pancakes. These days I am doing fruit (usually banana or pineapple puree) pancakes with mostly butter and a slight touch of honey, is that a no-no for diabetics to have a little bit of honey? I probably should cut back on my sugar, even though I don't have much of a sweet tooth, I do love my carbs, and I know they can convert quite easily...

Those brazilian steak houses are all over Portugal too.

I don't know if you're still there but enjoy Madrid, I love that city! And if go to Museo del Prado say hello to "Las Meninas" for me, that's my favorite painting and I miss seeing it in person 🤩

I photographed one for a magazine article. The family that opened it already had locations in Brazil. I got to sample a lot of meats. It disappeared during Covid. :( Not a good restaurant style for take out. It is more of an eating experience.

Screen Shot 2022-05-04 at 8.21.18 PM copy.jpg

BTW, I didn't do the layout for this article, which is why the type is so messed up.

CD

I made a marinade for Carne Asada, let the meat do it's thing until today.
I grilled it out and made up some lovely Tacos for tonights supper

IMG_5389.JPG

My plate with chopped Romaine, diced Avocado and Onions.

IMG_5423.JPG

DH's with sliced Radish, chopped Tomatoes, Onions & Romaine (basically a salad, but sshhhh don't tell DH) and jarred Salsa.
I like toasting Flour Tortillas over the open gas flame on the stovetop/hob.

Lunch.
I found 3 cobs in the bottom of the fridge from last week, and hubby isn't home today, so the driest went to the chooks (😍 a guaranteed way of checking that my oldest girl (8 or 9 years old) is still top chook) and the other two, I've had.

Do you have different coloured cobs over there? We have a few but I haven't noticed a discernible difference in the tastes.

Do you have different coloured cobs over there? We have a few but I haven't noticed a discernible difference in the tastes.

If you grow your own yes, but the supermarkets and my local veg shop only really stock standard yellow and the yellow speckled one. However what they did stock has fantastic taste, but this is now the end of the season for it.

Made an Asian menu for my mother's birthday.
Grated kohlrabi, marinated in vinegar, garlic oil, mustard and sugar. Dressing was tahini, unripe grape juice and curry dip.
20220503_132433-1.jpg

main course was sate sticks, chinese wok veggies and rice, added some yakitori sauce to meat.
20220503_133307.jpg

Lemon cheesecake, caramel sauce and decorations
20220503_140909-1.jpg

It was a nice day.

I photographed one for a magazine article. The family that opened it already had locations in Brazil. I got to sample a lot of meats. It disappeared during Covid. :( Not a good restaurant style for take out. It is more of an eating experience.

View attachment 84793

BTW, I didn't do the layout for this article, which is why the type is so messed up.

CD
Yep, it's a kind of "eat till you drop" experience :laugh: I don't know how it's like in other countries but here in Portugal these restaurants have a buffet area and each table gets a piece of wood that's half red, half green, and if the table has the green side up they keep bringing you meat, when the red side is up they stop.

There are lost of these restaurants in Portugal and some of them are even big chains with cheap menus which makes me think the meat isn't probably high quality.

Anyway I feel like we need a separate thread for brazilian steakhouses right Morning Glory ?:D

1651738961337.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom