What did you cook or eat today (May 2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or…now stay with me on this…just keep speaking English louder and slower, while gesticulating wildly.

That’s what my MIL did in Germany, anyway. :laugh:
I found speaking German worked really well in Germany... (and Czech Republic, Norway, Spain and a few others you'd not have expected it to be spoken in)

But my ex-step-father was one of those types

Tonight's version didn't have cashew nuts in because i forgot...

But I changed the stock from a vegetable stock to one based on mushrooms and miso halved the sesame oil and dramatically reduced the stir fry oil as well. Plus I added most chilli flakes. The veg was cooked as i needed tonight, rather than being reheated. The result was a much better evening meal.

Eaten but not photographed with chop sticks. Clean t-shirt now needed.

Glass noodles with courgette, carrot, beans, snow peas, Swiss chard, Pak Choy, bean sprouts & spring onions in a tamari, mirrin, rice wine vinegar, garlic & mushroom & miso stock sauce

Soup here for lunch. I’ve been craving tortellini en brodo for weeks so I defrosted some broth I made a few weeks back, added some onion, celery & carrot plus a pack of purchased veal tortellini. Served with grated pecorino & black pepper. As you can see, I almost forgot to take a pic.

Tonight's version didn't have cashew nuts in because i forgot...

But I changed the stock from a vegetable stock to one based on mushrooms and miso halved the sesame oil and dramatically reduced the stir fry oil as well. Plus I added most chilli flakes. The veg was cooked as i needed tonight, rather than being reheated. The result was a much better evening meal.

Eaten but not photographed with chop sticks. Clean t-shirt now needed.

Glass noodles with courgette, carrot, beans, snow peas, Swiss chard, Pak Choy, bean sprouts & spring onions in a tamari, mirrin, rice wine vinegar, garlic & mushroom & miso stock sauce
Looks fantastic, I like to use miso in my broths too, it gives a lovely rich, rounded flavour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom