What did you cook or eat today (May 2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weekend treat
View attachment 85795
White chocolate chai
White chocolate passion fruit caramel
White chocolate limoncello
Milk chocolate fudge finger
Milk chocolate salted caramel
Dark chocolate cassis
Dark chocolate tahiti vanilla
I was reading through that list thing OMG how can you eat so much, then the picture finally downloaded! Lol

I meant to post this a few days ago. I had two leftover lamb chops and leftover pork and beef bolognese, so I combined them and put them atop beds of pasta with shredded parmesan. Yummy 😋

I made cheeseburger salad. Basically just cheeseburger toppings (lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, avocado, onions, and shredded cheese) topped with a chopped up burger patty and burger sauce (mayo, pickle juice, mustard, ketchup, and spices).

Kinda lowbrow food, but still tasty!
49070C1C-FF1A-4F33-9C29-506ED1BC619E.jpeg

I made cheeseburger salad. Basically just cheeseburger toppings (lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, avocado, onions, and shredded cheese) topped with a chopped up burger patty and burger sauce (mayo, pickle juice, mustard, ketchup, and spices).

Kinda lowbrow food, but still tasty! View attachment 85812
I think that looks great, and I’m stealing that (minus the avocado).

I already make a BLT salad and a club sandwich salad…I think there needs to be a whole series of sandwich-based salads. :laugh:

Today's breakfast tasting yesterday's salsa.

Not as spicy as it looks. I may add a few more Thai hot chillis later.

I took one third of that batch and added half a dozen more chopped Thai hot red chillis. Then mixed it with a previously made batch (which was much hotter) and two days later the result I can now taste. I shall decide how to adjust the other two batches as and when (they are currently in the freezer).

I grilled this evening ..
IMG_1708.JPG

Medium cooked Rib Eye, Mushrooms, Sweet Bell Pepper, Onion and Asparagus ... all grilled.
(My steak was cooked Rare - Mid-rare :smug:)
You may be asking yourself, why does she cut everything up? Well, it makes for an easier dining experience and portion control ... it looks like you've got alot more than you really do 🧚‍♀️ He's got less than a quarter of a pound of red meat there 🤫

I think that looks great, and I’m stealing that (minus the avocado).

I already make a BLT salad and a club sandwich salad…I think there needs to be a whole series of sandwich-based salads. :laugh:
I dont remember you not liking avocado?

Same again...

Very tasty despite the looks! Lol

Still think the original image of the aubergine looks the best, lol.

So that's all of it eaten now

Same again...

Very tasty despite the looks! Lol
View attachment 85817

Still think the original image of the aubergine looks the best, lol.

So that's all of it eaten now

Its slightly nostalgic for me as Imam Biyaldi (in translation: the Imam fainted) was one of the first recipes I ever made, back in the 70's. If I remember rightly, the recipe I used was from Claudia Rodin's Book of Middle Eastern Food (an excellent classic book). I've made it many times since, though not recently.

Kinda lowbrow food, but still tasty! View attachment 85812

Good use of leftovers - and it means you can claim to have eaten a healthy burger!

If I were Supreme Poohbah of the Known Universe, the first thing I’d do is have avocados obliterated.

Then I’d get a handle on the whole socks-with-sandals thing. :headshake:
No guacamole either? I love obliterating them with a fork and then putting them in my mouth.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom