What did you cook or eat today (May 2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m in the weirdest damn bar right now. Imagine a dive filled with local rednecks (I mean that in the best sense of the word), both customers and staff, both with the filthiest language, telling the nastiest stories, with hip hop blasting in the background, NASCAR on the TV, and an excellent craft beer tap.

It’s entertaining and confusing. :laugh:

Oh, I had chili and some kind of citrusy beer from Great Lakes. It’s not the kind of place one takes pictures of their food, and I’m already a little nervous, what with my girlie phone case cover, flowery shirt, and bright yellow sweater.

ETA: and a baby just crawled out from behind the bar. I swear, you can’t make this 💩 up. 🤨

I’m in the weirdest damn bar right now. Imagine a dive filled with local rednecks (I mean that in the best sense of the word), both customers and staff, both with the filthiest language, telling the nastiest stories, with hip hop blasting in the background, NASCAR on the TV, and an excellent craft beer tap.

Oh, I had chili and some kind of citrusy beer from Great Lakes. It’s not the kind of place one takes pictures of their food, and I’m already a little nervous, what with my girlie phone case cover, flowery shirt, and bright yellow sweater.

ETA: and a baby just crawled out from behind the bar. I swear, you can’t make this 💩 up. 🤨

Did you bring along an Emergency MAGA hat?

CD

A baby. In a bar. That's allowed to crawl on a barroom floor. That's friggin' mickey poor parenting for sure.

IMG_1706.JPG

DH's snack plate

Morning Glory I serve DH's snack plate on a salad plate with a cocktail fork if needed. That wound up being his lunch.
I just discovered Avocado Toast, it's quite nice. That and Crostini topped with Goat Cheese and sautéed Wild Mushrooms. :chocegg:

A baby. In a bar. That's allowed to crawl on a barroom floor. That's friggin' mickey poor parenting for sure.
Oh, and that’s the second time that’s happened. The first time was NYE several years ago and the bartender couldn’t get a babysitter, apparently, so she brought her baby to work.

I ended up complaining, because it was just getting mobile, so it was bouncing around the concrete floor, and nearly tripped me and a couple of other people, but the kicker was that it had an obviously full diaper, and at one point, Mom picked the baby up and sat it, soggy butt and all, right on the bar. That was it for me.

Oh, and that’s the second time that’s happened. The first time was NYE several years ago and the bartender couldn’t get a babysitter, apparently, so she brought her baby to work.

I ended up complaining, because it was just getting mobile, so it was bouncing around the concrete floor, and nearly tripped me and a couple of other people, but the kicker was that it had an obviously full diaper, and at one point, Mom picked the baby up and sat it, soggy butt and all, right on the bar. That was it for me.
Utterly disgusting. And that's why I always use those sanitizer wipes in the top of my grocery cart. Lots of people put their kids up there to sit. Even kids out of diapers don't have sanitary butts necessarily.

It has avocados in it, so that’s a hard no.
I only asked because there are foods I don't like that I will eat when in something else. Like boudin sausage has liver in it, but I will eat boudin croquettes (AKA boudin balls). I don't like cooked carrots but will eat them in a soup or stew when cooked to death. I don't like ham but will eat it chopped and cooked in an omelet or a soup, or as a flavoring for vegetables. And so forth.

I hate guacamole at most restaurants because it's some sort of weird paste mixture that has nasty ingredients meant to keep it from oxidizing and turning brown, not sure what but it's awful. Chipotle makes good guac and I make delicious guac at home with lots of jalapeno, cilantro, lime, red onion, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom