What did you cook or eat today (May 2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope, that’s when Maifest and Schwabenfest happen (and Schutzenfest in July)!
I am all about the beer and summer. Beer is so great when it's warm out! In the winter I do like a stout or a nut brown ale, but I am a summer lighter ale or pislner kind of girl. Though I don't like India pale ales.

Snack plates and white sangria:

You would probably like a classic IPA. The problem is, our millenial brewers sincerely believe that the only way to make "IPA" is to use so many different kinds of hops, your taste buds crinkle and scringe on each mouthful! :eek: :eek: :laugh: :laugh:
Maybe. I just hate it when an ale smells and tastes like flowers. Typically the pale ales I have tried have all tasted like my late grandmother's potpurri bowl. I guess it's kinda like how some people hate cilantro?

You would probably like a classic IPA. The problem is, our millenial brewers sincerely believe that the only way to make "IPA" is to use so many different kinds of hops, your taste buds crinkle and scringe on each mouthful! :eek: :eek: :laugh: :laugh:
Very true. When the current wave of American craft brewing took hold, the direction they followed was, “How bitter can I make this, and still get people to buy it?”

The pale ales of yesteryear would be considered milds by today’s standards. I remember a time when Sam Adams’ Boston Lager was the envelope pusher, was the radical new brew, was the “they put how many hops in that?” beer, and nowadays, it wouldn’t raise an eyebrow.

I stick to my milds, hefes, brown ales, and a few other specialty beers, and leave the modern IPAs to the kiddies who think a good beer puckers you at both ends.

Today - a proper pub lunch. From bottom left, clockwise:
Scampi and chips with proper peas (none of that mushy crap); Filet steak (medium rare); Bangers and mash (no macaroni); Mrs B´s Vegetarian Wellington (took her almost an hour to get through that); BIL´s full Sunday roast (about 6lbs of food on that plate); and another scampi and chips. 2 pints of excellent Harvey´s bitter to go. Sticky toffee pudding to follow.

Today - a proper pub lunch. From bottom left, clockwise:
Scampi and chips with proper peas (none of that mushy crap); Filet steak (medium rare); Bangers and mash (no macaroni); Mrs B´s Vegetarian Wellington (took her almost an hour to get through that); BIL´s full Sunday roast (about 6lbs of food on that plate); and another scampi and chips. 2 pints of excellent Harvey´s bitter to go. Sticky toffee pudding to follow.
View attachment 85902
Funny, most folks name the people in their photos, not the food :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom