What did you cook or eat today (May 2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have two "systems" for sewage waste. One is a dual cesspit which requires emptying regularly; the other a twin septic tank which requires emptying rarely. We would have preferred two septic tank systems but space at that side of the house was restricted.

The twin cesspit design is the same as above but without the outlet to the soakaway.

I believe that only the cities and major towns have a piped sewage system. Our local town of around 180,000 inhabitants does not.
In the US, 180k people isn't a town. I grew up in a town that once was about 40k.

I believe that only the cities and major towns have a piped sewage system. Our local town of around 180,000 inhabitants does not.

I am aware of bars in town that have the toilet bowl on top of the cesspit. When it needs emptying, the SST has to run it's suction pipe through the front door across the bar area and into the toilet.

My mother’s birthday was today, and she requested my multi-flavour cheesecake. She only really wants to dulce de leche flavour, but my dad finds it too sweet, so I had to include the lemon curd flavour for him. Ended up just doing those two, I was up until midnight making this…worth it though!

9EAFC4C0-17AC-4B59-8273-9951A911F5AD.jpeg

My mother’s birthday was today, and she requested my multi-flavour cheesecake. She only really wants to dulce de leche flavour, but my dad finds it too sweet, so I had to include the lemon curd flavour for him. Ended up just doing those two, I was up until midnight making this…worth it though!

View attachment 85920
Those are stunning!

I don't think he has a septic tank (system). Sounds like a tank that has to be emptied.

CD
Not all septic tanks are self draining... The laws vary between countries.
In the lake district (UK) I lived with a cesspit that needed to periodically emptied as it filled up. It had no drainage of any kind because it was at the top of the valley and purple had drinking water from the steam further down steam. In Surrey (UK) we lived on a self emptying cess pit. It wasn't a septic tank, but once half full, gaps between the bricks (it was hand built) allowed for the liquid at tree surface to drain into the woodland. Periodically it needed emptying because the guttering on the house also drained into it. Laws changed making that illegal on new builds but old houses didn't need modifying unless a new system was being installed.

In Australia cesspits are illegal and all septic tanks have to self drain. They have to have dedicated drainage fields and technically be non-serviced. This doesn't mean that they don't get emptied, it just means that they shouldn't need to be if you don't use excessive volumes of water and drainage can happen, which right now ours can't because of the totally saturated field ours drains into... we've not touched ours in 4 years so far. In Surrey, UK it was drained but not emptied every 6 months without fail and when it had rained a lot, sometimes more often.

Thailand will have different rules again.

Evening meal has been cooked.

I'll serve it with rice later on. Like a lot of dishes I make, it always tastes better after being allowed to cool and reheated.

It is small/baby onions or normal ones but into ⅛ths in my stingy case. I'm not paying $13 for a kilo of shallots when i can pay $1 or less for the same weight of onions. it uses ½kg shallots and ½kg of mushrooms. Shrooms are not cheap in Australia at $14/kg. (AUD $2 = £1).

I also managed to track down a bottle of vegan red wine for this meal! Something of an achievement, trust me.

I'm not sure what I'll do with the rest of it, so I'll probably decant it to a plastic container and freeze it.

I don't think he has a septic tank (system). Sounds like a tank that has to be emptied.

CD
I lived on acreage in the bush for years and only had a septic system, but you still had to empty/clean it every couple of years. Was quite expensive to get it done as you could imagine.

As an aside, back in the day a mildly insulting term used (not by me) by Australians for Americans was "seppos".
"Seppo" short for septic tank, septic tank rhyming slang with "Yank".

I lived on acreage in the bush for years and only had a septic system, but you still had to empty/clean it every couple of years. Was quite expensive to get it done as you could imagine.

Ours were ฿250.00/tank (US$8.00) and we had 4 tanks emptied. But we are very close to town.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom