What did you cook or eat today (May 2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crawfish and scallop cakes, remoulade and pickled mirliton/chayote, carrot and red bell.

The SST is here.

And it stinks!

I'm pleased that it's not a take your kids to work day.

I'll need to give it another couple of hours.

I'm surprised you have a tank instead of public sewer, or at least a septic system. :scratchhead:

CD

Very true. When the current wave of American craft brewing took hold, the direction they followed was, “How bitter can I make this, and still get people to buy it?”

The pale ales of yesteryear would be considered milds by today’s standards. I remember a time when Sam Adams’ Boston Lager was the envelope pusher, was the radical new brew, was the “they put how many hops in that?” beer, and nowadays, it wouldn’t raise an eyebrow.

I stick to my milds, hefes, brown ales, and a few other specialty beers, and leave the modern IPAs to the kiddies who think a good beer puckers you at both ends.

I was having a beer with some millennial hipsters once, and mentioned the beer was too hoppy for me. Got a concussion and 12 stitches.

CD

I don't think he has a septic tank (system). Sounds like a tank that has to be emptied.

CD

Ok, I'm not familiar with that system!
I do remember when I was very young my grandparents had an outside loo. The guy used to come on a Sunday night. They put proper system in when I was about 8 or 9.
And newspaper for toilet paper. Yuk

Russ

I don't think he has a septic tank (system). Sounds like a tank that has to be emptied.

CD

We have two "systems" for sewage waste. One is a dual cesspit which requires emptying regularly; the other a twin septic tank which requires emptying rarely. We would have preferred two septic tank systems but space at that side of the house was restricted.

048.jpg

045.jpg

The twin cesspit design is the same as above but without the outlet to the soakaway.

I believe that only the cities and major towns have a piped sewage system. Our local town of around 180,000 inhabitants does not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom