What did you cook or eat today (May 2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A selection of "vegetables" at our morning market.

Large size: https://freebeerforyorky.com/market_files/015.jpg

I am aware of bars in town that have the toilet bowl on top of the cesspit. When it needs emptying, the SST has to run it's suction pipe through the front door across the bar area and into the toilet.
“Ahhhh, Mr. Yorky, what can I get for you today?”
“I’d like the char siu noodles and a beer, please.”
“Will that be for here or to take away?”

<SST walks by, dragging a dripping, smelling suction pipe>

“Yeah, box that up for me, it’s to go.”

Día de Muertos Cookies

These were a gift of cinnamon sugar cookies for my sister in laws Mexican fiesta themed 50th birthday. As you can see my husband takes his icing decorating very seriously 😂

We baked 32 of these for icing and I baked another dozen on which I stamped the dough before baking as the birthday girl actually hates icing but loves a cinnamon bikkie.

I bake & apply the fondant then stamp it and allow them to dry & garden for 24 hours then my partner and kids decorate them.

They are time consuming and the dough is a pain. Needs to be refrigerated overnight, rolled between sheets of baking paper, refrigerated, cut out, refrigerated then baked. I had forgotten. Someone remind me to make my shortbread instead next time. I can experiment by adding brown sugar & cinnamon to that and save myself a tonne of stress.

Last edited:
IMG_1717.JPG

Memorial Day (US holiday) Supper.
Grilled half pound Hamburgers (mine pictured here has sharp Cheddar, DH's has Swiss) on some lovely rolls from a local restaurant who makes killer bread/rolls.
Sides were homemade Coleslaw and some Kettle Potato Chips/Crisps.
Dessert later will be Hot Fudge Sundaes 😋

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom