What did you cook or eat today (May 2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I were Supreme Poohbah of the Known Universe, the first thing I’d do is have avocados obliterated.

Then I’d get a handle on the whole socks-with-sandals thing. :headshake:
So this is something against Aussies? Lol.

I was non-plussed about avocados until I came to Australia ones in the UK are yuck. Australian ones (along with passionfruit) are gorgeous. I for one, don't mind them cropping up on menus everywhere and love the fact I can add more to my meal if I want to... I'll now copy this post to the avocado post so the debate can continue there...

Please go away smashed avocado on sourdough breakfast!
No oooooooo, it's one of the few things I can actually eat at most places! Most places can't even guarantee that margarine is dairy free (it frequently isn't) so the avocado is a meal saver for me. I often have avo & jam on Sourdough toast! ...

No oooooooo, it's one of the few things I can actually eat at most places! Most places can't even guarantee that margarine is dairy free (it frequently isn't) so the avocado is a meal saver for me. I often have avo & jam on Sourdough toast! ...
OK, I am drawing the line at putting avocado with something sweet like jam. But I do like it on burgers in place of mayonnaise, really gives nice moisture with better nutrients and less fat (but lots of healthy fat).

OK, I am drawing the line at putting avocado with something sweet like jam. But I do like it on burgers in place of mayonnaise, really gives nice moisture with better nutrients and less fat (but lots of healthy fat).
If dairy didn't get hidden in so much of our food, I wouldn't have had to come up with an alternative! But you actually can't tell. And when your alternative is dry toast with jam... i tried it once and was very surprised. The jam hides it and other than what it looks like, it works really well. (I can't easily swallow dry food, never have been able to because of damage to my trachea caused by constant coughing.) ½ an avo across 2 or 3 slices of sourdough with a good supply of (dairy free) jam and I've got a meal or brunch i can eat.

I also have a wonderful cold avo soup that is spicy hot...

Oh, this was disappointing all round:

Pierogies underdone, fries limp, cream puff overdone and filled with Cool Whip. No, no, no.

I have a seasoned pork loin steak and bubble and squeak (potatoes, cabbage, carrot, onions and garlic) both ready to go in the pans.

However, early this morning my wife rang the SST (sewage tank contents removal truck) driver and he may be around this afternoon. Murpy's Law will guarantee that as soon as I finish cooking and I'm preparing to eat, the SST will arrive.

I shall put it off a little longer.

It’s kind of/sort of a German place, so they’re just going after the name.

Fun fact: we have so many Oktoberfests in the Cincy area, the season officially starts in August here, so we can fit them all in! 🍻
Yeah, I gathered that it was a German-ish place, even if they don't pull everything off very well. Nothing wrong with Oktoberfest in August! Just not in May/June...LOLOLOLOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom