What did you cook or eat today (May 2023)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no idea how to flip that…I don’t have a plate big enough…

🤔

IMG_4484.jpeg

Moments later…

IMG_4485.jpeg

I AM THE RÖSTI KING!!!

I had to renew my driver's license today, so I "treated" myself to some loaded cheese fries at Rock and Brews, a chain of restaurants started by Gene Simmons and Paul Stanley of KISS. They have pretty good food, for a chain restaurant.

Then I went home and needed to take a nap. :laugh:

IMG_2311.JPG

That's ranch dressing in the cup on the left, and sour cream and pickled jalapeños in the cups on the right. Cheese and bacon on the fries.

CD

I had to renew my driver's license today, so I "treated" myself to some loaded cheese fries at Rock and Brews, a chain of restaurants started by Gene Simmons and Paul Stanley of KISS. They have pretty good food, for a chain restaurant.

Then I went home and needed to take a nap. :laugh:

View attachment 100358

That's ranch dressing in the cup on the left, and sour cream and pickled jalapeños in the cups on the right. Cheese and bacon on the fries.

CD
I literally just renewed mine last night.

Today was a rare whatelse can I make with this meal...

I needed something for 1 night because hubby goes away tomorrow morning until very late on Friday (/ early hours of Saturday)...

So I pulled my "indian" out of the freezer, cooked 4 huge flat mushrooms that were meant to be a mushroom biriyani cooked inside a Queensland blue squash, added the ripe tomatoes that were ripening in the mud room, and located a tub of dairy-free cream cheese (it was ok, not much better than that, the cream cheese that is) and threw it in the oven until hubby got home from work.

20230523_183001.jpg

20230523_183306.jpg

It looks a mess, and the mushrooms are nowhere to be seen, but it was very tasty and packed with protein.

I also had 7 (?) plums on the counter that have been refusing to ripen for the last 4 weeks. They were rock hard and not nice, so we'd not eaten them. I stoned them and bunged them in the oven in a covered pyrex dish. Amazingly they gained so much flavour, and were so tender, they were delicious!

20230523_184823.jpg

20230523_185154.jpg

Here’s four shots of our yard from two opposite corners:

View attachment 100318
That pile of crap in the back to the left sits right on the property line. That shed with the boat is my neighbor’s.

View attachment 100319
We own all the way out to that stone marker and the electrical box off in the distance.

View attachment 100320
That’s the neighbor’s shed and his pile of crap from earlier.

View attachment 100321
…and back up to the stone marker and electrical box.
I could not countenance having to mow that every week. Fences and herbivores would have to join the party 😆

Not winning any beauty prizes, but these fruits
View attachment 100381
Made a wonderful wholegrain apple, nectarine and blueberry crumble.
View attachment 100382
Hubby has just left for 3 days in Melbourne and I have a vague plan on making an apple and rhubarb crumble and eating it all by myself over the next 3 days.... watch this space. I'm still planning... the tree has ripe apples, the veg plot loads of rhubarb. That just leaves the crumble... and there are some cooked plums in the freezer as well...
Mixed fruit crumble?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom