What did you cook or eat today (May 2023)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Roast chicken:

IMG_9826.jpeg

IMG_9828.jpeg

7FB21A5E-BB16-4FAA-81BA-5D9DBC3C1AA1.jpeg

My boss did a team breakfast yesterday for the first time ever. Staff retention has become very important in Sydney and this is an old family business that thinks that staff should feel lucky to have a job. How times have changed. He took “the boys” out at 7am but I didn’t attend. When I rolled in at 8:30 he told me to go get a bacon & egg roll. The cafe owner & I are mates so when I went over to order a bacon & egg roll this is what turned up 😂 My boss is an 🍆 but we get on pretty well because I don’t take his 💩.

42FD1B94-FFBE-49CA-B0DC-E3FB53849B1B.jpeg

Got home after the big drive over the mountains from Sydney and with a bit of earlier text direction we had Korean seafood pancakes, mapo tofu (from the freezer) and a bunch of sides. Including delicious braised shiitake (from dried)
3D9A3769-2B27-47A0-A92A-DD2E73F8CC00.jpeg

We went out for breakfast after dropping Strider off for his surgery. I had biscuits and sausage gravy, a full order of 2 biscuits, plus the gravy, plus a side of sausage patties that I cut up and added to the gravy. I managed one half of a biscuit and my iced coffee, and brought the rest home to share with Craig for breakfast tomorrow. Craig had a Southwest skillet with eggs scrambled with potatoes, onions, peppers, onions and cheese with half an avocado, sour cream and pico as garnishes, plus rye toast. He ate most of it.

We had pick out things from the refrigerator for dinner. I'll have the other half of the piece of Godiva cheesecake I started on last night later.

Lunch out (again), hubby said he needed to do some clothes shopping and I tagged on a trip to a shop that sold caperberries, capers and caper leaves. (The caper leaves are a pickup job on Thursday). I came out having spent $250 (£125) in bits that I'm either out of, trying for the first time, or never heard of and want to try. Hubby didn't bat an eyelid. It was all spices, condiments and other similar stuff. I'll write it up later in the other thread when we get home.

So food was eaten with this view...
20230527_130828.jpg

20230527_115201.jpg
20230527_115156.jpg
20230527_113941.jpg

I had the supremo, hubby had the philly cheesesteak (top), and we both had the Ferrero raw slice.

Menu – Acai Brothers

The whole place is plant based, so I can eat anything. 😋

Evening meal was a repeat of last night with some roasted sprouts drizzle with balsamic glaze.

Annoyingly hubby's tahdig came out in one piece (it did last night as well even though I served it) and mine fell apart the moment it touched the plate (just as it did last night as well! )

20230527_181018.jpg

20230527_181045.jpg

It was still as good as last night. And those barberries really add something extra to the dish.

The best airline food I've ever eaten, with real silverware too!

Bread with whipped butter and Icelandic sea salt

Tea-smoked duck breast with balsamic glaze

Lamb two ways with mashed potatoes, grilled veggies and red wine sauce

Lemon passion fruit petite gateau
View attachment 100522
That looks pretty good, who are you flying with?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom