What did you cook or eat today (May 2023)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of the afternoon tea today. This was what was new compared to last time as this was the same place.
20230527_125929.jpg

A scallion pancake with cream cheese and ham
20230527_130235.jpg

Egg salad with chilli oil on a baguette slice
20230527_130445.jpg

Beef carpaccio
20230527_135413.jpg
Swiss cloud cake with strawberries
20230527_135715.jpg

Raspberry financier cake
20230527_135824.jpg

Meringue with pecans and salted caramel cream

IcelandAir

That wasn't the whole plane food, just First Class?

It does look quite good. Better than the normal airline choice of tough beef tenderloin, dry tough chicken breast, or barely seasoned pasta. :laugh:

BTW, most First Class meals come with real metal flatware. I guess they figure if you can afford First Class, you must be safe. :rolleyes:

CD

Forgot to post this yesterday.

Apparently it’s “The Best Steak Marinade In Existence” and has thousands of five star reviews. I was very disappointed, it’s so strongly flavoured it completely overpowers the steak and any beef flavour is well and truly lost. Yes it did tenderise it very well but what’s the point if it no longer tastes of anything but marinade?! I don’t understand the rave reviews!

Best Steak Marinade in Existence

IMG_0232.jpeg

IMG_0234.jpeg

Apparently it’s “The Best Steak Marinade In Existence” and has thousands of five star reviews. I was very disappointed, it’s so strongly flavoured it completely overpowers the steak and any beef flavour is well and truly lost
Haven't tried it, but a closer look at the recipe says to me that there's a whole load of hidden salt there (soy and L & P), basil (which I wouldn't normally add to a meat marinade) and almost 2 TABLESPOONS of garlic powder. Looks a bit suspect to me and sounds like you confirmed that.

Haven't tried it, but a closer look at the recipe says to me that there's a whole load of hidden salt there (soy and L & P), basil (which I wouldn't normally add to a meat marinade) and almost 2 TABLESPOONS of garlic powder. Looks a bit suspect to me and sounds like you confirmed that.
I was dubious too but thought it worth a shot, it wasn't!
The salt was high but not too bad taste wise but it had an unpleasant acid taste, I guess from the large amount of vinegar in the Worcestershire sauce and the lemon.
Wish I'd washed it off! 😆

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom