What did you cook or eat today (May 2023)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brisket burnt end calzone with whole milk mozzarella and ciliegine mozzarella with garlic butter and everything bagel seasoning on the crust.
20230528_221028.jpg
20230528_221102.jpg

Realised just how tired I am, it's always when you finally stop for a rest your body lets you know exactly how much energy you forward spent isn't it?! Way too tired to get on a motorbike today or even walk round the corner to the supermarket!

I keep emergency ambient food here for the times a flights delayed or it's Sunday and the shops are shut. There's some freezer stuff too but you can't rely on the power not tripping out - moulding freezer contents anyone? 😂

So rather than expend any energy I've tucked into the back up ambient stuff that's here.

It's quite a fun lucky dip as I bought the stuff in a rush and didn't translate anything I didn't understand, quite simply if it was gluten free and ambient I bought it, after all I'm not a fussy eater so everything (gluten free) is on the menu.

Lunch today was -
IMG_0245.jpeg

IMG_0249.png

IMG_0247.png

IMG_0256.jpeg

It really wasn't bad at all. Too salty (and I like salt) and the potatoes tasted a bit odd like jarred stuff does sometimes but overall edible bordering on enjoyable! Needed pepping up with some fresh veg and the flavour bolstering a bit but I wasn't in the mood to do the work.

The cocoa was unexpected.

The quality of these things seems to vary wildly country to country, brand to brand. I'd buy it again but maybe have a mini bottle of red to embolden it.. or me 😆

Lately whenever I ask my mom what she wants for her birthday, she answers “Your dulce de leche cheesecake!” My father finds it way too sweet, so I made this half-and-half cheesecake yesterday (divided by a graham cracker barrier).

The left side is lemon curd, and the right side is dulce de leche.
3EBDEF0A-2239-4A0E-9D4F-BA2362E148C4.jpeg

Lately whenever I ask my mom what she wants for her birthday, she answers “Your dulce de leche cheesecake!” My father finds it way too sweet, so I made this half-and-half cheesecake yesterday (divided by a graham cracker barrier).

The left side is lemon curd, and the right side is dulce de leche.
View attachment 100614
That looks fantastic, and I love the clever divider.

The plan was prime rib on the grill/smoker. But, if the rain that isn't supposed to be falling doesn't stop, it will be pizza tonight. :mad:

The weather radar was clear when I started ca chimney full of charcoal. It's like Mother Nature is giving me the middle finger.

CD

The plan was prime rib on the grill/smoker. But, if the rain that isn't supposed to be falling doesn't stop, it will be pizza tonight. :mad:

The weather radar was clear when I started ca chimney full of charcoal. It's like Mother Nature is giving me the middle finger.

CD
You can't smoke in the rain? 😔

You can't smoke in the rain? 😔

Yeah, I'm smoking/cooking now.

The problem was that the skies opened up while my charcoal was still starting in my charcoal chimney. I had to scramble to save my fire. That, and even though I CAN smoke in the rain, I don't WANT to get soaked. The rain has stopped for now, and my meat is on the Weber, but I am chasing my target temperature due to the weather and because my game plan got interrupted.

Here is an illustrated account of the events at hand... Memorial Day (US)/Spring Bank Holiday (UK)

CD

That beef looks spectacular. It really does.

Russ

That was my first prime rib/rib roast cook. I was nervous, and the weather just added to my anxiety. But, it turned out great.

Everything I read said to over-season the roast with salt and pepper, and that was good advice. Salting it 24 hours in advance was a good idea, too. The crust was peppery, and the meat inside was just right.

I'm going to be eating this thing all week. :laugh: Lots of roast beef sandwiches in my near future.

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom