What did you cook or eat today (May 2023)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday's dinner was fish with rice, tomato, shredded carrots and bell peppers
nc_ohc=BgUX9bxt8sUAX8Vfolu&_nc_ht=scontent.flis8-2.jpg

Before work I cut up broccoli, cauliflower , spring onion & cabbage. I started a stir fry sauce with ginger, garlic, cooking wine & cornflour in a jar. Stripped leftover roast chicken into strips. All this to go with some chilli oil noodles we got in a kit.

Lovely thick chewy noodles. Wish I had a clue exactly what they are. Not a rice noodle, too chewy.
34C8AFBA-0978-4D73-BE55-660CBB1E05C6.jpeg

I had 4kg of very sweet purple cherry tomatoes that needed processing, so a huge (5L) pan of tomato and red lentil soup was made.

Hubby says I should call it backwards tomato soup because I made it backwards by starting off stewing the tomatoes for an hour, then adding the red lentils before caramelising 2 onions in a frying pan and adding thyme and sweet paprika.

It was delicious and because I've no idea where these tomatoes came from our what variety they are, I've saved the seeds from 3 that were split and starting to go mouldy. Usual the chooks get those but they were ideal for the seeds.

And because the tomatoes were purple, the soup has a mildly odd colour. 🤔

20230503_181108.jpg

Pork and apple sausage, air fried chips and a poached duck egg.

I like the first photo in the sequence. Then it looks like you added British brown sauce to it. Pork sausage, egg and fries/chips is a good breakfast -- without the brown sauce. But, you may have the same feeling about Mercan country sausage gravy (have you ever had it?).

CD

I like the first photo in the sequence. Then it looks like you added British brown sauce to it. Pork sausage, egg and fries/chips is a good breakfast -- without the brown sauce. But, you may have the same feeling about Mercan country sausage gravy (have you ever had it?).

CD

I've had white gravy on roast turkey at Christmas in a Bostonian's restaurant here in town. I didn't make a habit of it.

I've had white gravy on roast turkey at Christmas in a Bostonian's restaurant here in town. I didn't make a habit of it.

White gravy on Turkey isn't something I would serve. I always make a turkey gravy from the roasted turkey drippings. White gravy is a chicken fried steak thing. Make your white gravy with sausage fat, and add chunks of sausage, and you can serve that on a piece of plain toast, and it will taste good.

cCD

I’m in the office today, and I’ve just finished lunch at Wendy’s. I had the $5 Biggie Bag, which consisted of a very small bacon-cheeseburger, for tiny chicken nuggets, a minuscule smattering of fries, and a drink.

I used to eat here frequently, enough that the young women working the counter knew my name, but with covid and working from home all the time, I haven’t been here since late 2019, and it’s all new people working.

I’m still a bit surprised that some places aren’t back to 100% pre-covid practices. For example, no eat-in trays here, everything is bagged to go, whether you eat in or not. No ketchup dispenser, it’s all packets.

I’m in the office today, and I’ve just finished lunch at Wendy’s. I had the $5 Biggie Bag, which consisted of a very small bacon-cheeseburger, for tiny chicken nuggets, a minuscule smattering of fries, and a drink.

I used to eat here frequently, enough that the young women working the counter knew my name, but with covid and working from home all the time, I haven’t been here since late 2019, and it’s all new people working.

I’m still a bit surprised that some places aren’t back to 100% pre-covid practices. For example, no eat-in trays here, everything is bagged to go, whether you eat in or not. No ketchup dispenser, it’s all packets.

My Wendy's order was a Double Stack and a sour cream and chives baked potato, washed down with some sweet tea.

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom