What did you cook or eat today (May 2023)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wholemeal spagbol with fresh cherry toms, green olives and shaved cheese.

ABA77610-4335-4DEB-8DA0-0161BFDD2FD8.jpeg
56747894-73AF-4D84-9599-3BD77BC8659C.jpeg
41C35B8D-671A-4A6E-8BB3-ECB808311064.jpeg

I like the first photo in the sequence. Then it looks like you added British brown sauce to it. Pork sausage, egg and fries/chips is a good breakfast -- without the brown sauce. But, you may have the same feeling about Mercan country sausage gravy (have you ever had it?).

CD
Sausage and brown sauce go together like salt and pepper. I use it too with that combo.

Russ

I’m in the office today, and I’ve just finished lunch at Wendy’s. I had the $5 Biggie Bag, which consisted of a very small bacon-cheeseburger, for tiny chicken nuggets, a minuscule smattering of fries, and a drink.

I used to eat here frequently, enough that the young women working the counter knew my name, but with covid and working from home all the time, I haven’t been here since late 2019, and it’s all new people working.

I’m still a bit surprised that some places aren’t back to 100% pre-covid practices. For example, no eat-in trays here, everything is bagged to go, whether you eat in or not. No ketchup dispenser, it’s all packets.

Here in my world everything is back to normal. No masks anywhere. Kids sport tomorrow no masks anywhere.

Russ

Here in my world everything is back to normal. No masks anywhere. Kids sport tomorrow no masks anywhere.

Russ
It’s hit or miss here. Some places are completely back to normal, some places are still drive-through service only. 🤷🏻

I was wearing a mask outside for a few weeks while the live oak trees were pollinating. I got funny looks from some people, but that's their problem. It kept my allergies in check.

CD

Yeah about 3 years ago it was autumn? When I happened to look out the back at the right time when the wind was blowing the right way I saw pollen being blown away. It was massive, the sky was light brown. Then I fully understood how it would effect you. Our daughter has a pollen thing as well. It was unbelievable. There is a reserve behind us with big trees.

Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom