What did you cook or eat today (May 2023)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_4292.jpeg

Started with bread & oil:
IMG_4294.jpeg

…and onion rings:
IMG_4295.jpeg

Side salad:
IMG_4296.jpeg

If you can’t tell, that’s an Italian sausage hiding in there:
IMG_4297.jpeg

Chicken parmesan, to which MrsT said, “Why is there cheddar cheese on my chicken parm?” :laugh:
IMG_4298.jpeg

Not even joking, but a huge benefit to MrsT’s weight loss is that she rarely complains about meals out now (she used to pick apart and complain about everything).

She eats so much “plain” food at home (salad, thin soup, plain eggs) now that when she gets anything out that’s not good for her, she’s like someone just rescued from a desert island.

View attachment 99651

Started with bread & oil:
View attachment 99652

…and onion rings:
View attachment 99653

Side salad:
View attachment 99654

If you can’t tell, that’s an Italian sausage hiding in there:
View attachment 99655

Chicken parmesan, to which MrsT said, “Why is there cheddar cheese on my chicken parm?” :laugh:
View attachment 99656

Not even joking, but a huge benefit to MrsT’s weight loss is that she rarely complains about meals out now (she used to pick apart and complain about everything).

She eats so much “plain” food at home (salad, thin soup, plain eggs) now that when she gets anything out that’s not good for her, she’s like someone just rescued from a desert island.
I'll try the muffuletta please. I think I'd like it. Hmmm

Russ

I had to add this. I just threw some things together. I had smoked chicken sausage with apple and maple in it, so I paired it with a light sauerkraut and a bit of mustard. It may sound weird but it's so fricken good. The flavors dance around and change up.
View attachment 99659
That doesn’t sound weird at all. When I make sauerkraut to eat, it includes brown sugar and grated apple (along with wine and juniper berries), simmered down, so the maple and apple in that sausage are a perfect match to me.

That doesn’t sound weird at all. When I make sauerkraut to eat, it includes brown sugar and grated apple (along with wine and juniper berries), simmered down, so the maple and apple in that sausage are a perfect match to me.
I have the same thing, but didn't have time to do this "right". I got juniper just sitting in my pantry just for this kind of dish and green apple, but I didn't have time. I also use used coffee grounds.

I have the same thing, but didn't have time to do this "right". I got juniper just sitting in my pantry just for this kind of dish and green apple, but I didn't have time. I also use used coffee grounds.

I hate juniper, even though my front yard is full of juniper. I hate the taste. I can't even smell gin and not be repulsed. Oh my, I'd never make it as a Brit.

CD

Portioned up a large amount of boudin noir and froze it, as the p&p was £10 I ordered two of these jumbo sized logs!
Then I attempted the ‘sausage’ rolls I had on the French/Swiss border.

Nearly hit the mark but was slightly out as didn’t season the pastry well enough but it was delicious anyway and I look forward to take two 👍

Really glad to bust out the gluten free bread maker and have some tasty bread again, missed good bread, which is ironic considering I was mostly in France - the bosses of bread 🥖 😂

Pics of the boudin noir rolls 😊

IMG_0041.jpeg

IMG_0042.jpeg

IMG_3405.jpeg

Just trying out a cold one with some sliced apple to see how they’d fare as a GF packed lunch, not bad so far.

Although it might be enhanced by also testing out this bottle of plonk at the same time 😂

Jury is currently out on the vino!

IMG_0043.jpeg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom