What did you cook or eat today (May 2023)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paccheri pasta with ramp/pistachio pesto and guanciale.

20230506_181555.jpg

Last night was the usual sweet potato fries in the airfryer, Fry's vegan nuggets (in the airfryer), garden peas and a fried egg (the chooks laid 4 eggs between them this week, so I got an egg unlike last week! Lol)

20230506_180104.jpg

And tonight was a challenge entry, a totally new dish that was the definition of comfort food.

It was served with a few airfryer roasted Brussels Sprouts and some roasted mock "duck" for protein.

Having a little pasty, mash and mushrooms with your bowl of gravy? :ohmy:

You must REALLY like gravy.

CD
I’d have to make an indentation in the potatoes to hold the gravy, and then more gravy in a little bowl on the side for the pasty. I can’t have it running all around the plate like that. :headshake:

Khao Kluk Kapi

20230507_175755.jpg

Shrimp paste fried rice. I had it for the first time in Ban Saladan, Koh Lanta last November. It was a revelation and something I've been itching to do myself since. I neglected to take a photo of the original, but I did take a picture from my table... not a bad view.

FB_IMG_1683480876684.jpg

Portioned up a large amount of boudin noir and froze it, as the p&p was £10 I ordered two of these jumbo sized logs!

Is it really better than our own black pudding in the UK? I have eaten boudin noir (and blanc) in France but not sure its that much better than our own - maybe in France there are more varieties though, depending on the region.

just trying out a cold one with some sliced apple to see how they’d fare as a GF packed lunch, not bad so far.

Although it might be enhanced by also testing out this bottle of plonk at the same time 😂

Jury is currently out on the vino!

Apple is very good with black pudding. I've also tried that wine and I'm not keen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom