What did you cook or eat today (September 2019)?

And this was our simple dinner. Homemade roast potatoes, steak, brussels sprouts and corn on the cob.

Last edited by a moderator:
I finally figured out how to post here! Yaay :)

So this was my breakfast, an oatmeal apple pie made with whole grains and served with unsweetened greek yoghurt. One of my favorite family recipes, if you're nice I might make a thread on it. As it is a fairly grey rainy day here, I felt the weather call for autumn spices and apples.

Such a great pie! Please, post the recipe in a thread..... :thumbsup:

I finally figured out how to post here! Yaay :)

So this was my breakfast, an oatmeal apple pie made with whole grains and served with unsweetened greek yoghurt. One of my favorite family recipes, if you're nice I might make a thread on it. As it is a fairly grey rainy day here, I felt the weather call for autumn spices and apples.

View attachment 32535

Looks very good indeed.

Steamed shrimp with Chipotle/tomato salsa for dipping the shrimp and homemade blue corn tortillas that Craig fried up into chips, with a corn, avocado, poblano, red bell pepper and green onion salsa. I had a mojito made with tequila instead of rum, agave nectar, lime juice and a Mexican sparkling water. The drink is a house specialty of mine, Craig's and cookieee 's DH's favorite Mexican restaurant.

2019-09-24 18.15.15.jpg

Very hot here today. I had a big salad. BLT chicken salad. Grilled lemon chicken breast (sliced), bacon, lettuce, cherry tomatoes & red onion. Topped with crunchy croutons & Bleu cheese dressing.

We were supposed to have conch fritters and slaw, but a water pipe was broken in our neighborhood and we didn't have water from sometime before 2 in the afternoon for several hours, so we decided to get Greek takeout. I had moussaka and Craig got pastitio, baklava for dessert. It was a relatively new restaurant, as well as new to us. Food was okay, nothing special.

Back
Top Bottom