What did you cook or eat today (September 2019)?

Nasi Goreng as my mom makes it, with fried banana. I made the Nasi to be clear.

We like Nasi Goreng but never had it with banana.

Me neither. But I do love Nasi Goreng

We have indonesian roots, and we just like to add the fried banana. I won't claim it's traditional. My mom took to it from Surinamese restaurants here that often serve nasi goreng with fried banana.

That's interesting.

Yes, Birthday present...no, not a Samsung this time, it's an I-phone

:hyper: Top notch! But level pegging with Samsung, I understand from reviews. There are pros & con, I think. I often think I should get an iPhone as I use a MacBook and it would be more 'seamless'. The jury is out at the moment. I'll be looking at your forthcoming photos with interest...

Me neither. But I do love Nasi Goreng

That's interesting.

It's called Baka Bana. Njang Baka bana / Bakbananen

Indonesia has a dish called Pisang Goreng (fried banana in batter) which is also very popular and eaten along savory dishes among Dutch people with Indonesian roots, but it might be something that only happens here at this time with people of mixed heritage.

Chilli "cook-off" tomorrow although I am the only participant. Bought 2 kilos of beef this morning.

View attachment 32666

I have a friend from Camden London, we have curry cook offs every now and then. We get around 8 for dinner and you vote on dishes. Theres even a wee cup,called the curry cup. My friend holds it at present. Drats!! It's quite a good night.

Russ

Unfortunately the nasi goreng (and mee goreng) in Malaysia was fried in palm oil which I find distasteful therefore they were not my favourite dishes.

Back
Top Bottom