What did you cook or eat today (September 2019)?

I wouldn't know about malaysia, we always use sunflower or peanut oil to fry in.

If I cook it here it's called Khow Padt and we use sunflower, soybean or olive oil. Or I just buy it from the Fat Lady's restaurant down the road (although I have to add my own fried egg because she overcooks them).

My own Khow Padt Khung (prawn).

Wow! That second photo is brilliant and looks totally delicious. It also qualifies as an entry for the new recipe challenge in principle - although I have a hunch you already posted the recipe?
I actually nearly didn't include that picture because I didn't like the lighting in it. Too dark on one side I thought.
Both the recipe and the method have changed, One by accident, the other by necessity and our tastes.

But yes it has previously been posted by vernon nearly 6 years ago (Recipe - Indian Potato Pie). We've changed quantities of things and expanded the 'peas' to include anything green pea or bean based, plus our usual doubling of some of the spices, and removed the fresh coriander leaf on this occasion. I've also made up some home-made vegan butter which we used on this occasion instead of oil, for between the sheets off phyllo pastry. Plus we've skipped pre-cooking the potatoes completely :whistling:, lowered the cooking temperature and extended the cooking time, included a reheat..

I actually nearly didn't include that picture because I didn't like the lighting in it. Too dark on one side I thought.
Both the recipe and the method have changed, One by accident, the other by necessity and our tastes.

But yes it has previously been posted by vernon nearly 6 years ago (Recipe - Indian Potato Pie). We've changed quantities of things and expanded the 'peas' to include anything green pea or bean based, plus our usual doubling of some of the spices, and removed the fresh coriander leaf on this occasion. I've also made up some home-made vegan butter which we used on this occasion instead of oil, for between the sheets off phyllo pastry. Plus we've skipped pre-cooking the potatoes completely :whistling:, lowered the cooking temperature and extended the cooking time, included a reheat..

In which case the amended recipe qualifies!

Back
Top Bottom