What did you cook or eat today (September 2019)?

Big of Swiss cheese leftover, tummy rumbling, cheese on toast, tomato relish on toast then cheese and bacon. And onion with lots pepper. Really nice with a glass of full milk.

Russ

........ cheese on toast, tomato relish on toast then cheese and bacon. And onion with lots pepper.

You have me fancying that now. I'll prepare some later with the Wensleydale (which needs using up).

Not as far as I can remember. I've definitely not cooked it before.

I think you may have over mixed the potato & flour - they should be light and fluffy. From what I can see from your photo, the mix looks a bit 'gluey'. Nigella, by the way, recommends using instant mash to make gnocchi! I must try it...

Not as far as I can remember. I've definitely not cooked it before.

Gnocchi take practice. There's a tutorial by me on here somewhere. I think you used too much flour also. You shouldn't be able to taste the flour at all, much less when sauce is added.

Dinner last night was homemade pizza. Margherita for me. New Orleans for Craig, which is crawfish, andouille, roasted red bell, red onion, Fontina and moz, plus a sweet/sour/spicy apricot preserves drizzle. We also have a red-headed stepchild pizza of half regular Margherita with the other half using rest of roasted red bell instead of tomatoes. Nobody got to that 1 yet. Breakfast!

Chicken and cheese enchiladas. I posted a link in @Yorky 's thread "Is onion powder necessary?" Sept. 23, 2018. Shredded grilled chicken breast w lime juice, Monterey Jack cheese, & green chillies rolled up in whole wheat tortillas. Baked & served topped with sour cream. & chives. Avocado, sliced Roma tomatoes and red onion salad as a starter.

Last edited:
My office lunch today:

While I was in the break room putting it together, someone half-jokingly/half-derisively said, "Nice snack, Frenchie McFrench, go hug a tree for me the next time you're at the ballet!"

I had to laugh at all the mixed up imagery in that insult. :laugh:

My office lunch today:
View attachment 32170

While I was in the break room putting it together, someone half-jokingly/half-derisively said, "Nice snack, Frenchie McFrench, go hug a tree for me the next time you're at the ballet!"

I had to laugh at all the mixed up imagery in that insult. :laugh:

Well it does look a bit 'nutty'. Please forgive me joining in...

Comfort food - spiral/jellyroll Italian style meatloaf. Mashed brocolli cauliflower faux mashed potatoes. Seasoned ground beef laid flat. Top with spinach and provolone cheese. Roll up jellyroll style, top with tomato sauce and bake. Cold Meatloaf sandwiches on onion rolls for lunch.

Last edited:
The best thing I cooked today was impromptu - some sliced portabellini mushrooms which needed using, cooked in ghee with onions, garlic, cumin, turmeric, chilli (a hint), tomato paste, water. Fresh coriander mixed in and strewn over. No quantities written down :ohmy:. Served with aged basmati spiced with cassia bark.

Back
Top Bottom