What did you cook today (April 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unicorn dogs as a copycat from The Unicorn/Narwhal in Seattle. A jumbo hot dog battered in a corn dog batter made with fresh corn and butter, fried then split and stuffed with a sriracha/cream cheese mix, covered with caramelized onions, drizzled with more sriracha, garnished with green onion tops. I was a bit hesitant about the taste combo, but it was really quite good. Homemade chips that got a little dark, but still tasted good.
View attachment 61259
I hate hot dogs but I love corn dogs. The sriracha sounds awesome to me! And I love "frips" (fried chips). Delicioso!

Rempah-Rempah.....Indonesian coconut and beef meatballs. I actually made these yesterday, but am just enjoying some leftovers for breakfast today.

View: https://youtu.be/EPHlwK_bRw0

Late dinner last night for me. Breaded cheese, pickled eggs, sweet chilli sauce.

Cheese tasted lovely, but the breading fell off😁...I should try a different method...perhaps a different cheese...
View attachment 61273

Were you attempting something like a Greek-style Saganaki? What cheese were you using? (looks a bit too melty a variety whereas you need a harder cheese)

I'd still eat it though! :D

Were you attempting something like a Greek-style Saganaki? What cheese were you using? (looks a bit too melty a variety whereas you need a harder cheese)

I'd still eat it though! :D
Saganaki looks delicious! Only flour and then fried it says...and specifies cheese varieties...no, I just wanted breaded cheese.
i did egg+breadcrumbs on my leftover Edam cheese...
😂😂Yes, it melted, in a yummy way, and yes, you are very welcome to eat it... but that was a good lesson of how Not to make it😂
This morning I thought I could do cut lines on the cheese surface, to have the egg stick😂just me...

I should research which cheese is for breading, you are right.

We were due to do a big shop this morning. Last night Dr Tina called 3 weeks and two days after our first jab.This time we had to go to the big indoor stadium vaccination center. So we received our 2nd Pfizer at the Spaladium this morning. Arrived 09.45, booked in and seated 09.55. Vaccinated 10.00 out 10.15 am.
No queues for Pfizer, moderate queues for the other vaccines. We will keep using the protection protocols for the next 3 weeks . After that naked on the beach except for my re positioned face mask
1f642.png

So for tonight we just grabbed lepinja buns, ham, cheese and tomatoes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom