What did you cook today (April 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Left to right. Shrimp salad, shredded carrots and cucumber, steamed shrimp, dressing of kimchi base and honey. Sushi kushi, AKA Asian tuna tartare, dressed with sesame oil, sriracha, tamari and a couple of other things, avocado slices, and a honey, mustard, sriracha, sesame oil, etc., aioli. Crab rangoon, baked because I tried frying and the wonton skins just disintegrated. The baked ones didn't do great but were better than the fried ones. I'm going to stick with Asian market wrappers from now on and skip the regular grocery ones. Sauces were the kimchi base dressing and the honey, mustard, sesame oil dressing.
View attachment 61197
Seems like everybody ate shrimp. Me included.
You are both eating well. :)

Russ

Dinner, fried eggs sunny side up, whites done, yolks a tiny bit runny...tried medtran49 method with drops of water and cover, worked per-fect-ly!👍
View attachment 61188

Btw, do you see a cartoon character in the yolks and all? Big eyes, big nose?Cracked up laughing...is it a squirrel? Mickey mouse? Or the naughty cat in Tom/Jerry?

View attachment 61190

I see Mr. Bill (from SNL). Oooooooooo. Nooooooooo.

CD

Last nights diner. Chicken back noodle soup. Pud orange bits
1618371361699.png
1618371383187.png
1618371404874.png

Beef tenderloin steak sandwiches with sauteed mushroom, pepper, and onion gravy and provolone cheese on toasted fresh baked buns, oh so good. Hubby did open faced with horseradish.

Last edited:
Freshly cooked Chicken Kolhapuri with masala potatoes and yellow Jasmine rice.

It was quite mild really. I forget to defrost more ginger so the potatoes were not very spicy. The Kolhapuri is mild anyway until you bite into one of the fresh green chillis.

My wife is threatening to eat a portion of the Kolhapuri later (unusual) so there may be only four portions left to freeze.

Koftice (Croaticized deminutive of Kofta😊) ,rice, peanut butter sauce (thinned with a touch of soy sauce and water)...
Absolute hit! Kid loved it.

I had leftovers of yesterday, reheated pasta,peas,pelati sauce, added the delicious creamy, tasty peanut butter sauce and some fresh tomatoes. Mm yum.

This constant flow of words is driving me a little nuts, kid's school, phoning her friends, my teaching, her retell of school and friend impressions...🤹managing, all good👍

So proud of the beautiful rice form, made it this time,yes!👏😄

I was hoping to make fruit salad today, but after going out to the VA and doing some grocery shopping on the return trip, my new chairs arrived and I had not had any coffee. I napped quite a bit of the afternoon away after unboxing the chairs.

So I nuked some Michelina's combination pizza rolls for a quick meal.

full.jpg

Unicorn dogs as a copycat from The Unicorn/Narwhal in Seattle. A jumbo hot dog battered in a corn dog batter made with fresh corn and butter, fried then split and stuffed with a sriracha/cream cheese mix, covered with caramelized onions, drizzled with more sriracha, garnished with green onion tops. I was a bit hesitant about the taste combo, but it was really quite good. Homemade chips that got a little dark, but still tasted good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom