What did you cook today (April 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My first ever selfmade meat pie.

Held my breath😂

Have nothing to compare it to.😂 Never ate a mince pie. Is it properly baked? Is the dough lacking a bit, itsy witsy bit of salt? Meat is delicious. Once it cools off, will taste it again.
Crust tastes a little dry when you chew🤷...but I think it is mostly good?

Minced Beef and Onion Pies

My first ever selfmade meat pie.

Held my breath😂

View attachment 61460

View attachment 61461

View attachment 61462

View attachment 61463

View attachment 61464

View attachment 61465

Have nothing to compare it to.😂 Never ate a mince pie. Is it properly baked? Is the dough lacking a bit, itsy witsy bit of salt? Meat is delicious. Once it cools off, will taste it again.
Crust tastes a little dry when you chew🤷...but I think it is mostly good?

Minced Beef and Onion Pies

Its certainly looking good. I'd add more than a pinch of salt for that quantity of pastry.

I made an omelet using the seafood dip I made yesterday, but I added some sauteed mushrooms and cheddar cheese and some extra chopped greens, lightly cooked in with the mushrooms in butter. It was really good. Not extremely pretty but very tasty. Hubby and I split it (he had 2/3 of it and I got the rest).

I have fallen in love with mustard greens! I used to eat them at my grandmother's house in SE Texas and she boiled the heck out of them so that they were a big pile of dark mush, yuck. But that's how a lot of people in the South cooked greens. I like them slightly wilted and still bright green, and just love that slightly spicy flavor of mustard greens. I am going to start using them regularly. I am sure they have to be good for us...might counter some of that butter and heavy cream I so much love to use in my cooking!

Tapas tonight. A cheat tapas, it came in a box from Sainsburys for £10. All I added was the bread and a bit of wine to cook off the chorizo. It was pretty good and certainly a lot cheaper than if I had bought the stuff individually, plus it took 10 minutes to put together from start to finish.

Winner, winner, Spanish dinner.

I was motivated to use up as much of the produce in the fridge as possible, before it went soggy or spoiled.

And so, I made another layered salad.

full.jpg

This one used up the last of my Romaine lettuce and bell pepper. It also included, mushrooms, cucumber, lemon grass, onion, tomato and bleu cheese dressing.

I wish I could call a 9 p.m. movie late night, but I often have insomnia and can't fall asleep until 2 a.m. :thumbsdown:

I have terrible insomnia problems and melatonin is part of my nightly pills, along with the blood pressure, diabetes and ibuprofen pain killer. But I wake at weird times, my sleep cycle being broken up over the day, about 2 to 3 hours at a shot with a period of being awake in between. Usually, it's my bladder that wakes me and then, my sinuses keep me awake until they dry up. It's an irregular routine for me. I just deal with it.

I have terrible insomnia problems and melatonin is part of my nightly pills, along with the blood pressure, diabetes and ibuprofen pain killer. But I wake at weird times, my sleep cycle being broken up over the day, about 2 to 3 hours at a shot with a period of being awake in between. Usually, it's my bladder that wakes me and then, my sinuses keep me awake until they dry up. It's an irregular routine for me. I just deal with it.

There is a name for that condition. It's called getting old. 🧓

My condition is a combination of getting old and not having enough work (thanks Covid).

CD

I can relate, I have sinus issues too. And I drink tons of water, so yeah...

I had high blood pressure but I'm on meds so it's controlled, and no diabetes, at least yet. Watch the ibuprofen, it can lead to heart issues. My mom took it constantly for years and the doctors think it may have contributed to her arrhythmia, which ended up with her having to get a pacemaker. I switched to naproxen (Aleve).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom