What did you cook today (April 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Croque Monsieur

5D4EF1D9-FDCF-4F74-AD91-DFA182629131.jpeg

...becomes Croque Madame

F3BD15CC-5835-4C4C-B21C-576829C40A38.jpeg

..served with a bit of green salad made a tasty lunch!

I made a big Turkey Pie for last night. I slow cooked 2 big turkey thighs with onions, fresh mushrooms and carrots overnight. Let it cool, then strained so I could have loads of gravy. Chopped the meat. Made all butter short crust, Assembled.
View attachment 61494View attachment 61495View attachment 61496View attachment 61497The pastry was very "short" and I was a bit clumsy removing the pie from the tin so it cracked.Yes I am an old romantic.
Looks wonderful!
The pastry looks perfectly set in the tin. How do you move it from the rolling surface to the tin?
I somewhat struggled😂

Croque Monsieur

View attachment 61503

...becomes Croque Madame

View attachment 61504

..served with a bit of green salad made a tasty lunch!
Oh I just love toasted bread. Looks good!
By the way, remember the Bombay Duck? I played an online quiz with my boyfriend and the question popped up, I was so happy to know it was a fish!😊 Thank you!

Triple Chocolate Cake Recipe | Sally's Baking Addiction

Excellent recipe! The cake is a moist, soft brownie like delicious base, creme is heavenly.

Am not good at decorative creming yet, but am happy, because it will taste wonderful.
😁💗🌼🍀🌼

Would like to experiment with different flours and sugar substitutes. Great sweet treat!

Opted for the circle, used two different trays, tailored&cut, worked, used cutouts for deco, too yum to discard.

Big whipped cream deco would be lovely too, but with all the butter and oil, feel this is enough.

😊💙

Last edited:
Well you are up past your bedtime, then.

That sounds pretty horrible. I would not be able to get up at 6:30 a.m. after a night like that.
Last night, I made it until around 2:30AM before heading to the guest room, up to pee at 4AM, skipped the sofa, and back up at a little past 6AM.

Nights when I'm on call are the worst, because I know the phone's going to go off a couple of times every night, so I really don't sleep for the entire week, just lightly doze.

I don't think I have ever heard of gabapentin, is that OTC or prescription?
My dog was on gabapentin for arthritis, after she got too stroppy trying to give her tramadol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom