What did you cook today (April 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dinner; Cauliflower cheddar soup with farfallini (mini farfalle pasta) soup:

D68A5879-1780-459E-BED1-BB671B620DB6.jpeg

Steak Diane

F6CB12E4-FB01-4573-AC91-7880D0593EC9.jpeg

Ooh... what’s that called? Never seen it before and it looks great!
It's not got an official name, it's my own dish. I am partly Indonesian and just once spiced up some leftover mince to make an Asian style gravy.

I could call it Daging pedas ( spicy beef) but that name is also tied to another dish.

Deep fried chicken, chinese style vegetables, with rice filled algue packets, white cabbage salad, leftover egg from the coating.
img_20210418_1417585181345997919753169.jpg
as a dessert bavarian cream with strawberry, I seasoned it with anise, clove, Kardamom, nutmeg and coriander, what was a pleasant mix of aromas.
img_20210418_1456572628496363972306831.jpg

Stay healthy

Looks wonderful!
The pastry looks perfectly set in the tin. How do you move it from the rolling surface to the tin?
I somewhat struggled😂
Thank you. When you get the thickness right. Dust lightly with flour, place the pin on the end and roll the pastry on to the pin. Then unroll over tin and press in.

Thank you. When you get the thickness right. Dust lightly with flour, place the pin on the end and roll the pastry on to the pin. Then unroll over tin and press in.
Aha! So that is it! Fabulous. Seen that on shows. I used the paper onto which rolled. Pretty clumsy...managed somehow. Will practise!👍 Thanks.

I appreciate that using best New Zealand fillet steak for chilli con carne is a bit indulgent but the result is far superior and the difference in price is less than ฿120.00/kg (£3.00 for about 6 portions).

Beef fillet has never been cheaper, 6 adults had fillet mignons last night about 2 inches thick, every body commented how good they were. Didn't even need my new steak knives.

Russ

Earl grey, first day of school holidays here, two weeks off for the grandkids. Miss11 said at dinner table to my wife, I'm coming to stay for a few days nana, I'll get an uber here. My wife said gang gang will pick you up. Just let us know.

Btw they call me that as our eldest couldn't say grandad. Gang gang stuck, our daughter in law Cushla even calls me that,lol.

Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom