What did you cook today (April 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes: the beans and quinoa, plus smoked paprika, make a burger-like color and texture. And, grinding dry quinoa turns it into a powder: denser than all purpose flour, but it does the job. Dusting it and cooking it in oil made it crisp. I will definitely make this again.

Okay, that's what I was thinking. The dusting of quinoa flour probably gave you a crust, like you would get on a grilled beef patty. From the picture alone, I would think it was just that, a grilled beef patty.

CD

Really cool. Everybody breads them, including me, but that stuffing is dynamite. I will definitely try this. Actually, I picked up a ridiculous amount of peppers at Kroger, and the discount area. I got 17 assorted jalapeños and Serranos for one dollar. There a similar bags stuffed with poblano‘s and bell peppers, each also only one dollar. I pickled enough for two huge jars, and I still have nine peppers left. Some of them are Serranos. Serano‘s are a bit on the hot side for a straight up munching. But, that stuffing will be amazing, even if I end up not being able to taste anything for the rest of the week.
I cleaned and roasted the jalapenos for about 15 minutes at 375, then let them cool. I then cooked some onions and poblanos until tender with some S and P, then added a couple of minced garlic cloves, let that cool. I took the leftover cold chorizo and cheese mixture, leaving the solid grease behind, added in another sliced piece of cheese and the vege, then pulsed in food processor until everything was fairly small, stuffed the peppers, baked again at 375 for about 15 minutes, topped with a square of cheese and let cook for a few minutes more to melt the cheese. They were PDG even if I say so myself. I would add a little more cheese to the stuffing next time, but that's the only thing I'd change.

Last edited:
Healthy ish jalapeno poppers stuffed with leftover homemade chorizo pick up mix (chorizo and munster) mixed with some cooked onions, poblano chile and garlic. Topped with a little square of cheese. Oven roasted, not fried. There were a couple of zingers in among the 6, glad I didn't get the 2 hottest when Craig went WHEW! Corn and fontinella quesadillas. Homemade guacamole and pico. Cantina chips, which are super thin.
View attachment 62140
Wow. What a great combination...

Yes: the beans and quinoa, plus smoked paprika, make a burger-like color and texture. And, grinding dry quinoa turns it into a powder: denser than all purpose flour, but it does the job. Dusting it and cooking it in oil made it crisp. I will definitely make this again.
Wow, so it is a veg burger, will definitely try that!

Penne with roasted vegetable sauce & mozzarella ❤

Wow really? Benissimo.
I love it. My first. But not last. All creamy soups are yum to me. This tastes reaaaally delicious.😊

Yes indeed, I also like creamy soups very much and this one in particular. I also add tomato sometimes (sauce or fresh tomatoes cooked, crushed and then added to the carrots)
It's a yummy thing! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom