What did you cook today (April 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve been telling my family for years that I could cook things for them, but nobody wanted me to. They knew that what I was going to make would be healthy. It seems bizarre that they would automatically reject things out of hand because they are healthy, but I’m guessing we all know people who are like that. They assume that if it’s healthy it won’t taste good. Never mind that when I have tried my food, they love it.

She was very happy with what I made today, and I don’t think this is going to be the last time. It sounds like a now have a part time job as a private cook for our house.
It is so so so precious to have someone aside from own self to prepare a meal.
And not just any meal, but a good, made with love, full of good ingredients meal.

They are lucky to have you.😊👍💙💙💙💙💙

Some prejudice is very strong.

Things change, we all know that. The essence of life is change.

Maybe they will change.

Glad to hear she liked the dish. From what I see posted, your cooking is fantastic.

Red Snapper, Quinoa and Spaghetti Squash Plate

full.jpg

Excellent stuff.

:chef:

Healthy ish jalapeno poppers stuffed with leftover homemade chorizo pick up mix (chorizo and munster) mixed with some cooked onions, poblano chile and garlic. Topped with a little square of cheese. Oven roasted, not fried. There were a couple of zingers in among the 6, glad I didn't get the 2 hottest when Craig went WHEW! Corn and fontinella quesadillas. Homemade guacamole and pico. Cantina chips, which are super thin.

A15C778E-7728-4BEA-B1FB-193C3B9721C6.jpeg

Black Bean Quinoa Sliders. I wanted to show you more variations, but I ran out of Swiss cheese (for a mushroom and Swiss) and didn’t feel like making bacon (for bacon and cheddar) after cooking these. Here, I present a bahn mi burger (kimchi, spicy mayo, and cilantro) and a southwest burger (guacamole and pickled jalapeños with salsa). These are rather thick to be sliders - 3 ounces - but I wanted to each to be substantial.

Oh, and I decided to grind dry quinoa and use it as a flour to crisp up the surface when I cooked them.

Healthy ish jalapeno poppers stuffed with leftover homemade chorizo pick up mix (chorizo and munster) mixed with some cooked onions, poblano chile and garlic.

Really cool. Everybody breads them, including me, but that stuffing is dynamite. I will definitely try this. Actually, I picked up a ridiculous amount of peppers at Kroger, and the discount area. I got 17 assorted jalapeños and Serranos for one dollar. There were similar bags stuffed with poblanos and bell peppers, each also only one dollar. I pickled enough for two huge jars, and I still have nine peppers left. Some of them are Serranos. Serano‘s are a bit on the hot side for a straight up munching. But, that stuffing will be amazing, even if I end up not being able to taste anything for the rest of the week.

Last edited:
Last night dinner was the left over meat pie from Sunday with green salad. Pud was local strawbs
View attachment 62149View attachment 62150View attachment 62151
There’s a tendency to think of meat pies as an autumn/winter food. We are supposed to be having light foods when the weather gets warmer. I certainly don’t agree with that. I will have to make one of these very soon.

I also think stews are perfectly fine, no matter what the temperature. I only care about the temperature of the food.

View attachment 62152

Black Bean Quinoa Sliders. I wanted to show you more variations, but I ran out of Swiss cheese (for a mushroom and Swiss) and didn’t feel like making bacon (for bacon and cheddar) after cooking these. Here, I present a bahn mi burger (kimchi, spicy mayo, and cilantro) and a southwest burger (guacamole and pickled jalapeños with salsa). These are rather thick to be sliders - 3 ounces - but I wanted to each to be substantial.

Oh, and I decided to grind dry quinoa and use it as a flour to crisp up the surface when I cooked them.

I can't wait to see the recipe thread for this, because I'm a bit confused. The "meat" is black beans and quinoa? Am I following you here? Then the ground quinoa flour is more quinoa, in addition to quinoa in the burger?

I'm sure the recipe will clear things up, when you write it. You and I operate on the same recipe thread schedule. :laugh:

CD

I can't wait to see the recipe thread for this, because I'm a bit confused. The "meat" is black beans and quinoa? Am I following you here? Then the ground quinoa flour is more quinoa, in addition to quinoa in the burger?

I'm sure the recipe will clear things up, when you write it. You and I operate on the same recipe thread schedule. :laugh:

CD

Yes: the beans and quinoa, plus smoked paprika, make a burger-like color and texture. And, grinding dry quinoa turns it into a powder: denser than all purpose flour, but it does the job. Dusting it and cooking it in oil made it crisp. I will definitely make this again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom