What did you cook today (April 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No observant Jew would eat a sandwich with meat and cheese in it. It is non kashrut. As a Traef eating Jew I tried it in a N/Y york deli, it was good. But as the did my favorite, light/london rye, smeared with mustard filled with salt beef. A hamisha new green cucumber on the side. Triple dogs
Yes, I read this in the brief research, it is not kosher. Is kashrut the same in meaning as kosher? And hamisha is the equivalent of excellent?

A twist on Southern US Shrimp and Cheesy Grits, using quinoa in place of grits. I don't care for grits, so quinoa was an improvement, for me. My dog got some leftover cheesy quinoa in his bowl, and he approves. :okay:

ShrimpCheesyQuinoa01.jpg

CD

Forgot to post, last night craved a soup, so made a Powdered mushroom soup, well it says it is mushroom. Anyways, really liked the hot soup and the long, curly noodles after a long day that ended in some drizzling rain...

So, I entered a research for an Asian veg soup💞...won ton...red veg soup...ah.. sounds delicious...

Did not make many soups recently, will make up for that.

At least plan to😊

Forgot to post, last night craved a soup, so made a Powdered mushroom soup, well it says it is mushroom. Anyways, really liked the hot soup and the long, curly noodles after a long day that ended in some drizzling rain...

So, I entered a research for an Asian veg soup💞...won ton...red veg soup...ah.. sounds delicious...

Did not make many soups recently, will make up for that.

At least plan to😊
View attachment 62090

I cannot remember ever cooking an Asian vegetable soup. Does it need to be vegetable?

Yes, I read this in the brief research, it is not kosher. Is kashrut the same in meaning as kosher? And hamisha is the equivalent of excellent?
Yes Kashrut is the complete laws. ie milk and cheese are kosher but eaten with kosher meat makes it against the kashrut laws.
I don't get much chance here to write or speak yiddish so I spelled it incorrectly Haimisha meant from the home.
1619515415669.png
Mrs Elswood live in a factory.

Burt Blank

I envy you, the stuff you show in your groceries. You never cease to amaze.
Why thank you for your kind words. I am as happy with a wonderful from scratch Shepherds pie as I am with whatever I do with the fish. Mate I see product here that I cant get like rascal and Yorky beef fillet and lose sleep. I am very very lucky to live where I live.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom