What did you cook today (April 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why thank you for your kind words. I am as happy with a wonderful from scratch Shepherds pie as I am with whatever I do with the fish. Mate I see product here that I cant get like rascal and Yorky beef fillet and loose sleep. I am very very lucky to live where I live.

There had been some good places to get seafood here in Silicon Valley. Both are great restaurants with seafood counters where you could purchase a good variety of seafoods, as well as poulty items.

However, one went out of business during the last financial recession and the other is currently suffering the pandemic.

We have a number of Asian markets here and they tend to have a lot of choices for seafood, but they are quite a distance from me where I live now. I'd have to plan a good road trip to go up that way.

Sole Meuniere:

BE92990A-0659-48F7-A2CF-A106E502ED78.jpeg

I thought it was amazing. Kids were nonplussed; ‘too many bones!’. Amateurs. :)

We went to Restaurant Depot to get a few things and decided to try out a new taco, burrito, quesadilla place. It used to.be inside a gas station when it was featured on Diners, drive in and Dives. But has since moved into a storefront in the same shopping center. Craig got a spicy citrus pork burrito with their hottest sauce, and both were actually spicy. He gave me a bite of his and it was at the high end of my spice tolerance, but very good. I got a 3 Taco combo to try. Guajillo chicken, carne asada, and a vegetarian. Liked the chicken and beef, but the vegetarian was a disappointment. The mushrooms tasted like they were canned. They make their own tortillas for tacos. Really liked the vege parts and sauce for the chicken and beef tacos.

Left to right vege, carne asada, chicken.

We're having mexican, tex-Mex for dinner too.

Last edited:
DC5DE0C4-8542-4D43-B50E-A13AFCEFB41E.jpeg

My wife wanted me to make chicken and broccoli for dinner, so I made this. I made a white wine reduction first. I didn’t have enough chicken stock, so I drained the juices out of a can of chicken noodle soup. That’s where the little carrot niblets came from. I told her I could have made it with brussels sprouts, but she wanted broccoli. And, the customer is always right.

View attachment 62125

My wife wanted me to make chicken and broccoli for dinner, so I made this. I made a white wine reduction first. I didn’t have enough chicken stock, so I drained the juices out of a can of chicken noodle soup. That’s where the little carrot niblets came from. I told her I could have made it was brussels sprouts, but she wanted broccoli. And, the customer is always right.
What'd you do with the noodles from the can of soup?

That looks pretty good, regardless of where those noodles went. :)

What'd you do with the noodles from the can of soup?

That looks pretty good, regardless of where those noodles went. :)

The noodles went down the garbage disposal. I also had a tiny chicken cube that was in the can before throwing the rest of the bone dry chicken down the garbage disposal, too.

Last edited:
Awww...so nice of you💞

I’ve been telling my family for years that I could cook things for them, but nobody wanted me to. They knew that what I was going to make would be healthy. It seems bizarre that they would automatically reject things out of hand because they are healthy, but I’m guessing we all know people who are like that. They assume that if it’s healthy it won’t taste good. Never mind that when they have tried my food, they love it.

She was very happy with what I made today, and I don’t think this is going to be the last time. It sounds like a now have a part time job as a private cook for our house.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom