What did you cook today (April 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Made some potato and beetroot rosti then filled mini buns (not homemade) with them and stringy smoked scamorza

My five hour drive turned into six hours, due to a big wreck 30 miles South of Dallas.

Time for road food. I stopped for a Whataburger -- gotta' have one from time-to-time, and I can't cook in a rented truck. That's my excuse, and I'm sticking with it.

Screen Shot 2021-04-02 at 6.15.20 AM.png

CD

I have to ask how you cooked those chips? They look very similar to those that I now cook in my air fryer.
I bought them, that's why they are in their plastic container. So I am afraid I can't help out, sorry. I do know they are deep fried.

I've had a minor procedure on my arm and can't move it much for 24 hours,hence the choice for fast food.

Vegetarian croquette and fries with curry mayo.
Why not, they look really good! Is that the little wound you mentioned? Sounds like it is going to heal from now on! Best of luck!

We went for a takeaway today too, I had breaded hake, and kid had Wiener Schnitzel and fries. I just still felt tired and did a lot of laundry. She got a gigantic s<chnitzel, so it will be lunch for tomorrow too...

She met a friend who went with her to ballet classes, for some teen shopping, i did my own thing while they went around the sh center on their own...I can't say I am too excited about running around in shops, but it was good to renew the short sleeves repertoire. Some decent sales...Oh and the coffee was goooood!

Love the concrete benches/chaise longues...they remind me of Zaha Hadid's unbelievable ways to use concrete...I like a variety of architectural styles...

Today's meal was provided by our local pub by way of a takeaway afternoon tea. We may now be completely stuffed.View attachment 60373

View attachment 60374
That looks fabulous.

I always laugh at how they say Duchess Wotsit (or was it Queen Whosit?) established afternoon tea because she got a little peckish between meals - even with dainties like finger sandwiches and little cakes, I'm always completely stuffed after afternoon tea!

Today's meal was provided by our local pub by way of a takeaway afternoon tea. We may now be completely stuffed.View attachment 60373

View attachment 60374

That looks fabulous.

I always laugh at how they say Duchess Wotsit (or was it Queen Whosit?) established afternoon tea because she got a little peckish between meals - even with dainties like finger sandwiches and little cakes, I'm always completely stuffed after afternoon tea!

It is nice to do something different.

Happy Easter to everyone!

Today for lunch I have had a Spanish classic: chickpeas, spinach and cod stew.

IMG-20210402-WA0011 - Copia.jpg

Originally the cod would appear either crumbled or the whole loin itself. But today me and my partner have followed the recipe of a TV chef we both admire and have shaped a delicious meatballs with it. Just a little tweak to break with the tradition. Are we naughty for that? :)

Note: you can enjoy this dish all year round, but some people appear to eat it only for Easter. They don't know what they miss.

Made shortbread for the first time today. Love the texture (this recipe uses part regular flour, part rice flour) but I'm not loving the taste, it has a bit of a tang, it's probably because I used lactose free butter
IMG_20210402_205413.jpg

After I wrote this I remembered there's a portuguese cookie very similar to shortbread called areias, I used to make it when I was younger. The ingredients are similar, it's sugar and butter in the same amount of flour, and it's baked in a medium oven for 10 minutes. The main difference is that it's shaped in a small ball, and rolled in sugar while still hot.

After I wrote this I remembered there's a portuguese cookie very similar to shortbread called areias, I used to make it when I was younger. The ingredients are similar, it's sugar and butter in the same amount of flour, and it's baked in a medium oven for 10 minutes. The main difference is that it's shaped in a small ball, and rolled in sugar while still hot.
Mine has cornflour in it.

Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom