What did you cook today (April 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Easter breakfast.

A cinnamon marzipan & pecan babka, a butter bunny, fresh orange juice and boiled eggs.

Chicken breast, creamed mushroom and Swede mash,
Lentil bolognese, polenta and salsa verde.

itā€™s been a lazy food week, as Iā€™ve been using a local company who are starting a new venture of providing ingredients and recipes in a delivered box. All the vegetables are homegrown, and meat/fish etc sourced from local suppliers. The food has been great and itā€™s been nice to not have to think about what to make.

Pane cotto inspired dish was ok...I like how the kale tasted, probably should have had a stronger tasting bread, but with some shredded cheese and yoghurt it was a good side. Croutons on top. To my bowl I added some spices(poultry pepper spice mix)...after the photo was taken.

Some recipes add sausage and beans to it, definitely could be a good add on.

I am visiting family in Houston, and we went to one of their favorite restaurants called Sam's Seafood. The place makes great food, most of it deep fried. I had my usual -- fried catfish and fried okra.

BTW, the thread this month says "What did you cook today." It usually says "What did you cook or eat today." I didn't cook this meal, but I am assuming the "or eat" part still applies?

IMG_1411.JPG

CD

Had these with a cup of tea last night:

View attachment 60453

MypinchofItaly - I got these at the international market, in the Italian section. Are these a popular brand there?

Iā€™m not so sure because Iā€™m not a very ā€œwaferā€ person (if this makes sense :laugh: and I donā€™t buy them often, but probably they are among others, although I think that the most popular brand here is Loacker

Had these with a cup of tea last night:

View attachment 60453

MypinchofItaly - I got these at the international market, in the Italian section. Are these a popular brand there?
There were times I could not stop at 3-4, 13-14 wafersšŸ™ˆfunny thing, they are called Napolitanke here, but also vafle...my Mom still adores them, when they are filled with kind of nougat...or cocoa...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom