What did you cook today (April 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That does look fun, so what are all the grilling options you have there?
We had steak, lamb shoarma, chicken breast, shaslick, and pork tenderloin. Plus diced potatoes, onions, mushrooms & peppers.

Garlic , cocktail, chilli and barbecue sauce on the side for dipping.

Often there's also bread and salads on the side but that's too much for just three people.

We had steak, lamb shoarma, chicken breast, shaslick, and pork tenderloin. Plus diced potatoes, onions, mushrooms & peppers.

Garlic , cocktail, chilli and barbecue sauce on the side for dipping.

Often there's also bread and salads on the side but that's too much for just three people.
Give me a shout next time you are doing it, I will be right over :hungry:

Since you posted your photo I might have been onto Amazon to look at tepanyaki grills.

I’m not so sure because I’m not a very “wafer” person (if this makes sense :laugh: and I don’t buy them often, but probably they are among others, although I think that the most popular brand here is Loacker
The filling is much different than the filling for wafers here. This is extremely creamy, whereas the filling the homegrown wafers (like Voortman) is very stiff.

I love wafers! Orange sounds yummy.
MrsT is wafer crazy, though she doesn't like the "exotic" flavors like orange or banana. :laugh:

Brunch prelude to daily meal ...

full.jpg

Turkey Layered Salad

This salad includes Romaine lettuce, celery, baby carrots, green bell pepper, mushrooms, green zucchini, radishes, turkey, tomato, shredded fiesta blend cheese and bleu cheese dressing.

Had these with a cup of tea last night:

View attachment 60453

MypinchofItaly - I got these at the international market, in the Italian section. Are these a popular brand there?
I love wafers! Orange sounds yummy
The filling is much different than the filling for wafers here. This is extremely creamy, whereas the filling the homegrown wafers (like Voortman) is very stiff.

MrsT is wafer crazy, though she doesn't like the "exotic" flavors like orange or banana. :laugh:
I get that, I don't like banana in anything unless it's "real" bananas, like homemade banana bread, etc. But orange is different. I like orange soda and I bet there isn't any "real" orange flavor in it. I haven't had an orange soda since I was in my 20s probably...

This is extremely creamy, whereas the filling the homegrown wafers (like Voortman) is very stiff.
Well that is interesting, trying to remember if those we had were stiff or creamy, more creamy than stiff,I'd say...
My boyfriend has a friend who works at a wafer factory,and would sell giant 1 kg wafers at reduced price. So bf would bring them to us...
And the freshly made ones were very intoxicating😂 i.e.difficult to get away from.
But as per Dec 1st I am off any similar sweets...very disciplined about it...so now it is a sweet memory.
Well I understand Mrs T, it us pure comfort food...😁🤷

Well that is interesting, trying to remember if those we had were stiff or creamy, more creamy than stiff,I'd say...
My boyfriend has a friend who works at a wafer factory,and would sell giant 1 kg wafers at reduced price. So bf would bring them to us...
And the freshly made ones were very intoxicating😂 i.e.difficult to get away from.
But as per Dec 1st I am off any similar sweets...very disciplined about it...so now it is a sweet memory.
Well I understand Mrs T, it us pure comfort food...😁🤷
I was wafer addicted at one point. I haven't had them in awhile. If I don't have them in the house I don't think much about them, but if they are here I will eat a whole package within a few days. Chips I am more disciplined about because I fill a small bowl with chips and put the bag away, wafers won't fit in a bowl :laugh:

If I don't have them in the house I don't think much about them, but if they are here I will eat a whole package within a few days
Totally understand! Within reach wafers and chips are addiction.😂
At a point I thought there must be a secret ingreduent that makes one addicted😂
I guess they are just sweet and salty enough, and crunchy😂

Made a custard tart today, managed to separate 9 eggs without mixing yoke and white, no picture as I and my dearest ate it :hungry: but it did look the same as the picture in the Good Food magazine where I got the recipe, it did taste better though. :soup: Now all I have to do is find something to do with 9 egg whites. :o_o:
Meringue?

Eggs in shells coloured with the usual colours, kid wanted, she coloured and polished with oil, but we will not eat those. She gets excited about the egg 'fight'😁🌼
My take on nut bars/balls ( melted butter, roasted chopped hazelnut, flax seeds, honey)...will put in the fridge and see tomorrow what comes out.

Tasted at stirring, oh my, so good.💘

The sillicone heart shape forms I wanted were too big, so used an ice form.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom