What did you cook today (April 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I figured you would know, but your reply gave me some doubts. Oh well, the young pups on the forum can now watch the video and see what was cool in 1970. :laugh:

CD
That is a hugely popular song! I was born in 1975, but I know it...it is awesome!!

The late lunch was, finally, the tofu soaked in soya sauce, sprinkled with sesame seeds, fried, salad on the side.

Kept the half for later. It is good, but too salty for me, my bad, I overdid by letting it sit overnight in the sauce, it really needed a beautiful simple bowl of plain rice, which I will do a tad later...and I wanted a crispier surface, I should probably let it fry longer...but it was so fragile, so I took it off...the real king of the dish was the fresh green onion, it balanced it nicely as much as possible...

Anaways, it kept me well fed and going for a wonderful walk downtown. Had a nice caffee latte with a view...a few of these shots could not be more touristy:happy:...but I like them anyway...oh I'll post them at the Your photos thread...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQnBvO2qla0

This is the song for the mood...so cool!

Later realized did not trimm off the top of the green onion leaf...eventually did...:peekaboo:

Easter tea.

As a warm up, wild garlic soup from the garden.

A simple starter, white crab on crostini

The main event, beef cheeks braised in red wine with buttered crushed new potatoes.

To finish, hand picked cheesecake.

Hand picked because I picked it off the supermarket shelf with my own hand, so although tasty, not really worth a photo.

The late lunch was, finally, the tofu soaked in soya sauce, sprinkled with sesame seeds, fried, salad on the side.

Kept the half for later. It is good, but too salty for me, my bad, I overdid by letting it sit overnight in the sauce, it really needed a beautiful simple bowl of plain rice, which I will do a tad later...and I wanted a crispier surface, I should probably let it fry longer...but it was so fragile, so I took it off...the real king of the dish was the fresh green onion, it balanced it nicely as much as possible... (...)
You can make it more crispy when you coat the tofu in flour, or use smoked/baked tofu, they're not so fragile.
Stay healthy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom