What did you cook today (April 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can make it more crispy when you coat the tofu in flour, or use smoked/baked tofu, they're not so fragile.
Stay healthy
Good idea! I thought about flour. As I wanted to use sesame seeds, did not know how to stick the sesame on top of the flour...
Oh yes! I love smoked tofu, did not get any that day in the shop, love smoked seitan too...

That is great. Lots of personal variations...I like it when everybody gets to eat as it suits them best.
Lots of horseradish...sounds strong.
Do you in general prefer strong flavours alongside seafood, or can it not be defined that generally?
No, not always. But for raw oysters and boiled shrimp, I love to have cocktail sauce (predominantly horseradish). There are people who buy premade cocktail sauce or make it with a lot of ketchup, and I find that off-putting. It just depends on the type of seafood, with some fish (like Lake Erie Walleye or Perch) I like it pan-fried with a light coating of flour, salt and pepper and no dipping sauce. With Grouper, if it's fried, I like tartar sauce (mayonnaise and pickle relish). I make a really great crabmeat "stuffing" for baked Grouper that has crab, spinach, red bell pepper, onion, herbs, butter, garlic, parmesan cheese, and bread crumbs in it. I don't actually stuff the fish with it, I layer it on top and bake the fish, which stays moist because of the topping mixture. It's awesome. With cod, I like it beer battered and fried with malt vinegar sometimes. I make lemon-pepper dill marinade for salmon that's very good. There are lots of variations!

with some fish (like Lake Erie Walleye or Perch) I like it pan-fried with a light coating of flour, salt and pepper and no dipping sauce.
That sounds very good, I've heard it several times, let the fish (or the meat) speak, so little seasoning/spices as possible...

I make a really great crabmeat "stuffing" for baked Grouper that has crab, spinach, red bell pepper, onion, herbs, butter, garlic, parmesan cheese, and bread crumbs in it. I don't actually stuff the fish with it, I layer it on top and bake the fish, which stays moist because of the topping mixture.
Sounds awesome!! That is such a good idea, a covering layer...

I've watched baking within salt layers, that was fascinating, the salt crust falling off later or being removed...can't remember which show it was...
With cod, I like it beer battered and fried with malt vinegar sometimes.
Wow!
I make lemon-pepper dill marinade for salmon that's very good.
Marinade for salmon? That one is new for me...Well plentyyyy of things are new to me:D...I adore salmon. Does thesalmon flavour get through the marinade? I don't doubt it for a second that it turns out fantastic, just trying to imagine the taste ...or does the lemony evaporate or diminish during cooking?

It is absolutely marvelous how many variations you have and have prepared them, impressive.

C2621782-9EE3-4BDF-A413-1D75FDEFA4DF.jpeg

Steak and sautéed mushrooms: Easter dinner.

Ah sorry, I misunderstood. I haven't made a sauce like that until now, the starch and the sugar together create a sticky sauce for the tofu. Stay healthy
No no, you did not. I changed it, or will change it. Initially I wanted sesame coating in which the soy sauce-marinated tofu would be fried in. But as it did not work, I am exploring other approaches.

Wow! I got totally wiped out this morning after getting my groceries put away. I unpacked a few things and then went to nap and didn't get up again until 3:00 pm - sorta now.

I'm going to pop a couple chicken quesadillas into the microwave and nuke 'em for today's meal.

full.jpg

Thankfully, I'm almost done unpacking and can start setting up my studio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom