What is your current "read"?

At least once a year I have to re-read or at least flip through a few more pages, "Letters about creativity" by Fedor Dostoevskij.
I really appreciate Russian literature and F.D. is a more than worthy representative. Yet I like this book because it remains a little bit apart from its more famous novels. It is a selection of letters that the Russian writer has exchanged over the years with friends, relatives and writers. He tried to abandon the too entrenched Russian traditions, but there are also beautiful pages in which he expressed his love for his dearest affections and his homeland Russia.

@Duck59 I had forgotten that thread about 'how do we communicate?' And as I wrote there a little while ago, 'an unshakeable coherence about F. Dostoevskij' ..
I think it could be nice to bring that thread back to life, by the way..

I've been cooking out of an old cookbook of German cuisine this last week, and I've been reading that, because each section contains interesting information about the upcoming dishes.

I've been cooking out of an old cookbook of German cuisine this last week, and I've been reading that, because each section contains interesting information about the upcoming dishes.

Information also about the tradition of its cuisine? I know very little about German cuisine except for some recipes regarding potatoes or sausages

@Duck59 I had forgotten that thread about 'how do we communicate?' And as I wrote there a little while ago, 'an unshakeable coherence about F. Dostoevskij' ..
I think it could be nice to bring that thread back to life, by the way..

Yes, I was glancing at that thread earlier today to remind myself of something. It brings back memories of my linguistics studies, something that still fascinates me.

Oh, and I also enjoy Dostoyevsky. I've read his 'big four' novels, but nothing else.

One of my favourite Russian novels is Gogol's Dead Souls. Slightly surreal, but exceptionally good.

Oh, Gogol! Yes, I know it. Very good indeed
I also enjoy very much Anton Cechov, mostly because of his theatrical connection. When I was studying at the Acting Academy, Cechov was obviously a must.
"The Cherry Garden" and "Uncle Vanya", just to name the most famous.

I have some reading to do.

P_20190913_122444.jpg

Back
Top Bottom