What kind of cream can I eat with cereal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How can I make "half and half and/or has 10% cream" from raw milk?

I like a good troll but this is getting tedious.

You go to the market and see if they have 10% cream. If not, then you're going to have to find out the percentage of fat in whatever (raw) milk you're using and calculate how much cream to add (and the people in the 20's DID NOT drink raw milk UNLESS they lived on the farm because milk needed to be preserved to move it from the farm to city centers and so preservatives -- including formaldehyde -- were used, killing any of the so called raw bacteria).

If you're being serious about wanting a formula, go to the math subreddit on reddit. They always give me help with calculations when I ask.

Last edited:
I don’t have it handy right now, but there is a little chart out on the internet somewhere that gives all the incantations and combinations for making such-and-such dairy product from this-and-that other dairy products - like what ratio of, say light/single cream and whole milk to make half-and-half, and what combination of heavy cream and 2% to make a light/single cream substitute.

It’s actually quite a handy little thing to have, but most days, I just guess.

And that’s good information on “cereal cream,” I never knew that. Thanks for that.

So British ate rice krispies cereal with thick cream?
If you read next to garlichead's avatar, you will see he is from Canada, not the UK. I also am not sure if Rice Krispies are even in the UK...

But you are definitely giving us a go here, having fun? If you have any serious cooking questions, let us know.

As much fun as this had been (or not), I'm closing the thread.

It is impossible to tell you what Americans put on their cereal almost a century ago. I doubt for one minute anyone here can tell you for definite what cream was sold in shops a century ago in America when none of our members where born and in a country that a good percentage of our members are not from and a fair few have never even traveled to. Cream also varies around the world in name and thickness as does milk.

If you want to put cream on your cereal, please feel free to do so remembering that it probably isn't healthy and it certainly isn't going to do your body or health any good in the long run. Exactly what percentage or ratio cream to milk is again entirely up to you. We don't know you, we don't know what you like and we're not you. I think we've ascertained that not many, if any, would consider adding cream to milk to add to the rice krispies.
I also am not sure if Rice Krispies are even in the UK...
Yes, and have been for as long as I can remember. They are also here in Australia and of the 30 odd countries I've traveled to, I'm pretty certain we could actually get them everywhere except Belarus, though I don't remember actually looking for them there because their bread is simply amazing and far nicer than rice krispies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom