What kind of cream can I eat with cereal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So people didn't eat cereal with cream in the 1920s?
I would guess some did, some didn't. I don't care for milk much, but if I were to eat cereal, I would prefer whole milk, as I do not care for skim or 2%, really. I do think that half-n-half would be a bit too thick, and definitely heavy cream would be too much.

So people eat cereal with cream in the 1920s or not?
Sure, no doubt someone somewhere in the 1920s put cream on their cereal, probably a lot of someones. If I wanted some cereal and all I had was cream…I’d be all about that cream, you know?!

If I were feeling a little decadent, maybe that cream would look pretty good. Or…maybe someone saw the first printing of that ad, and tried it out: “Gadzooks, Daddy-O! That cream in my cereal is the cat’s pajamas, I tell ya! The bee’s knees!”*

*That’s all the ‘20’s lingo I know.

Sure, no doubt someone somewhere in the 1920s put cream on their cereal, probably a lot of someones. If I wanted some cereal and all I had was cream…I’d be all about that cream, you know?!

If I were feeling a little decadent, maybe that cream would look pretty good. Or…maybe someone saw the first printing of that ad, and tried it out: “Gadzooks, Daddy-O! That cream in my cereal is the cat’s pajamas, I tell ya! The bee’s knees!”*

*That’s all the ‘20’s lingo I know.
What cream did people in the 1920s poured on their cereal?

According to Wikipedia, "Cereal Cream" is what we today call half and half and/or has 10% cream.

The name of the cream was "cereal cream", so it's most certainly what they were talking about.
How can I make "half and half and/or has 10% cream" from raw milk?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom