What kind of cream can I eat with cereal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Way back when they used to add formaldehyde to milk to preserve it. So maybe adding cream was a way to bring back some freshness to it? My point is, you don't necessarily want to replicate how people ate in the past -- the 70's are a great example of why. 😆😁😉
Which cream would be best on cocoa pebbles cereal?

So Which cream should I pour on my cereal?
I'd personally have gone with a mix of milk and single cream. I guess, but really can't tell you because I've never been to America, that half 'n' half which has already been suggested to you, would be a good place to start. However, I'm not you. I don't know what you like and I don't know what is wrong with the milk you presumably use ? So it is impossible for me to say anything other than start with milk and just make it more creamy until you get to the point where you like it and remember that milk (and all dairy) isn't actually that good for you and that unless you are seriously active, as in a farmer or cycling around the world (which I've attempted), those levels of fat and calories will have a long term impact on your health and not a good one.

Have you considered a healthier alternative of yoghurt? (Unsweetened yoghurt, not low fat, just normal full fat but unsweetened).

We drank raw milk from our uncles dairy farm..We'd bring it home in mason jars and put it in the fridge..It would sit on the table at breakfast time..

I'd personally have gone with a mix of milk and single cream. I guess, but really can't tell you because I've never been to America, that half 'n' half which has already been suggested to you, would be a good place to start. However, I'm not you. I don't know what you like and I don't know what is wrong with the milk you presumably use ? So it is impossible for me to say anything other than start with milk and just make it more creamy until you get to the point where you like it and remember that milk (and all dairy) isn't actually that good for you and that unless you are seriously active, as in a farmer or cycling around the world (which I've attempted), those levels of fat and calories will have a long term impact on your health and not a good one.

Have you considered a healthier alternative of yoghurt? (Unsweetened yoghurt, not low fat, just normal full fat but unsweetened).
Some people are allergic, like yourself, others have problems with lactose but to say all dairy is unhealthy is rather disingenuous. Personally I don't drink milk except occasionally in coffee, it bloats me but partake in pretty much all other dairy and indigenous peoples around the world have been consuming dairy for about 10,000 years without serious health outcomes. Cheers Whoops we got off topic again.

Some people are allergic, like yourself, others have problems with lactose but to say all dairy is unhealthy is rather disingenuous. Personally I don't drink milk except occasionally in coffee, it bloats me but partake in pretty much all other dairy and indigenous peoples around the world have been consuming dairy for about 10,000 years without serious health outcomes. Cheers Whoops we got off topic again.
I'm not lactose intolerant. I just want to know did people in the 1920s eat cereal with cream.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom