What produce/ingredients did you buy or obtain today? (2018-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stopped at Meijer today. I don't buy a lot of groceries there, but today, I got:

Lemons
Extra sharp cheddar
Milk
Smoked breakfast sausage (roll)
Apples
Romaine lettuce
Golden raisins
Bread
Sour cream
Maple sausage links
Bacon

Biscuits.

Also a Chinese cabbage, potatoes, onions, milk, a big bag of chives and a 200 gm bag of cloves.

Last edited:
Christmas dinner sorted. A pre stuffed organic chicken with tutti frutti stuffing.

It will arrive at the beginning of december. https://www.grutto.com/nl/ons-vlees/gevulde-kerstkippen-tutti-frutti

Just wanted to be sure we would have a delicious dinner for not too much effort in these trying times. As I don't know my health status by then I've opted for convience with max quality and flavor.

And also made another order to the expat shop today.
Birds custard powder
Bisto gravy powder
Mince meat (in this case the dried fruit mix Brits use for Christmas pastries)
Tiptree orange & whiskey marmelade
Luxury christmas pudding for 1 ( I am the only one who likes it, no use making one here)
Scotch broth tablets
Nando's peri peri sauce
Bourneville cocoa

Butchers, when we met these guy a few weeks we both liked them. They both speak good English. The wanted to know about Marina's work at Waitrose. They wanted mainly to know about ageing meat. The owner said he planned to invest in an ageing cabinet next year when he can afford it. I gave him an interest free loan that would be paid back in meat. It arrived today. So not only do we buy local we invest in their success.
We got 1 kg of stewing veal, 1 kg for escalopes Mrs B will prep, Shoulders of Lamb were £8 a kg, this part of a suckling pig was £5 a kg.
1603355864295.png
1603355987479.png
1603356036650.png
1603356063338.png

Last edited:
We have "Soup Bases" which are much better than store bought cubes, pastes and broth/stock, IMHO. Lobster and shrimp bases are great. There is pork, beef, chicken and mushroom just to name a few.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom