What produce/ingredients did you buy or obtain today? (2018-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A new bakery opened in our village today, one selling only French sourdough bread! I am so happy I could cry tears of joy. I love this bread so much 😍 hope this doesn't prove too ' exotic' for my fellow townsmen like the Indian place did.

There's also a new organic stall on the local market so I am pretty stoked. I bought a white pain au levain, baguette au levain, marzipan for my december baking, kombucha, blueberry jam and christmas tea.

I’m planning to make gravy which will go with Yorkshire Puddings - crossed fingers! My first attempt

View attachment 50009

You will need to thicken that with something unless you want very thin gravy. An oxo cube simply provides beef flavoured stock. Sorry - I'm sure you know this already.

You will need to thicken that with something unless you want very thin gravy. An oxo cube simply provides beef flavoured stock. Sorry - I'm sure you know this already.

Yep I know 🙃, but a tip is always appreciated.
I’m going to make YPs now, roast potatoes are already sizzling in the oven ... mmmm I can’t wait

Suggest adding a little red wine, or port, then thickening. I must have missed a post - are you serving this with meat?

Don't think you missed anything - I was going to ask this too. Although, when I was a vegetarian I used to love having Yorkshires, roast potatoes, bread sauce, stuffing, sprouts, roast parsnips and gravy. The meat is just a garnish in my world.

A new bakery opened in our village today, one selling only French sourdough bread! I am so happy I could cry tears of joy. I love this bread so much 😍 hope this doesn't prove too ' exotic' for my fellow townsmen like the Indian place did.
View attachment 49939

There's also a new organic stall on the local market so I am pretty stoked. I bought a white pain au levain, baguette au levain, marzipan for my december baking, kombucha, blueberry jam and christmas tea.

Oh, I'm so excited for you. It's always fun to find a good find! I hope your area will support the business.

Suggest adding a little red wine, or port, then thickening. I must have missed a post - are you serving this with meat?

Oh, just read this and I’m going to post the final result on the what did you cook today thread.
I’ve made the basic gravy, oxo broth, butter and flour
I take your suggestion for the next time, thank you so much!

I'm not going to lie...more than once I've heated up jarred gravy (Heinz), added a little wine and fresh herbs, and have gotten the best responses to my "homemade" gravy... :whistling:

I've noticed you eat a lot of pomegranates...
Morning Morning we have two different varieties here. The smooth skinned sweet and sour and the rough as a bear bottom super sweet variety. Both are local plentiful and cheap as chips. Five nights a week I eat fruit after dinner. I eat the sweet sour poms mainly after fatty foods as a palette cleanser. Then I eat any fruit we have. I post the pics because they are pretty. Healthy the majority of our food is healthy.Which is which ?
1604814332610.png
1604814507421.png

These are the super sweet rough as bear bum variety. I can guarantee those who buy "supermarket fruit" would reject these if a s/m had the balls to display them.
1604822844309.png
1604822863520.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom