What produce/ingredients did you buy or obtain today? (2018-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another beautiful sunny day. First we visit our butcher friend. Pork belly, shoulder pork, pork sausages, Fruit and veg shop. Pomegranate's , Pears, onions, farm eggs, and dried beans. Random shops, bread, cheese, dried sage, gelatin, lard.
We found a good quality spring form cake tin. So Saturday we are making our first hot water crust British Pork pie in Croatia.with, hand chopped Pork belly and Shoulder pork, I like to chop the meat because the looser texture allows the jelly stock to penetrate when the pie is cooling. We will use the veal and chicken stock we made and froze last week.

I post to let folks know that their responses to my recent threads on Grains and Spices has had influence.

I have on order, Red Rice, Coarse Ground Blue Corn and Blue Cornmeal, Tumeric and Ground White Pepper. And I just received my Forbidden Black Rice. I did not order Juniper Berries, as my research on them indicated that they may produce complications for diabetes. I am only marginally diabetic, Type B, but diabetes is a serious matter, not to be trifled with.

I also have on order, Sauerkraut for a German type meal I am planning for.

Stopped in at Kroger this morning to get supplies for this weekend's "Christmas Afternoon Tea II: Revenge Of The Plates," and got all this:

Very Thin Whole Wheat bread
Pineapple
Fresh basil
Fresh dill
Goat cheese (labeled "Goat Log" :laugh:
Prunes
Shredded coconut
Chuck roast (buy one, get one, so I got two!)
Sharp cheddar
Butter

The also had pork tenderloin 2-for-1, but alas, the freezer is full. The butter is Kerrygold, and marked down a full dollar off per half-pound, so I got three pounds of that.

I picked up my Western food order this morning (beef fillet, cod, burger buns, etc.) and was given a box of Kellogg's Krave. I've never heard of this product before but as it was gratis............

I'm not really impressed and neither is my wife. Maybe with milk it may be better?

I picked up my Western food order this morning (beef fillet, cod, burger buns, etc.) and was given a box of Kellogg's Krave. I've never heard of this product before but as it was gratis............

I'm not really impressed and neither is my wife. Maybe with milk it may be better?

View attachment 50447
Well, it's cereal, so you do want the milk in there. But, having seen this nearly every time I shop, I always think the same thing - do I really want a bowl of chocolate for breakfast? I have a bit of a sweet tooth, but I've yet to say yes to that.

View attachment 50447

Its vile stuff IMHO.

I like "Life" , a cereal from Quaker Oats Company. The nice thing about Life is that I can eat them out of the box, like a snack food. Lately, I eat Oats with water, and on alternate days, mix in some Granola varieties. I've been thinking about getting some Cream of Wheat. Museli is another alternate, not like Kellogs Muselix.

My coarse ground Blue Corn Grits and Blue Cornmeal Flour arrive today, from Texas. Tomorrow, I'll receive my Sauerkraut.

My next grocery store trip will include ... Beef Strips, Beef Gravy, Butter, Carrots, Celery, Cottage Cheese, Swiss Cheese, Pepper Jack Cheese, Provolone Cheese, Chicken Breasts, Chicken Hearts and Gizzards, Jimmy Dean Bacon/Sausage Egg and Cheese Croissants, Croutons, Cucumbers, Eggs, Fruit Juices, Oats, Lasagna Pasta, Roma Tomatoes, Andouille Sausage, Bratwursts, Italian Hot Sausage, Scallions, Shallots and Frozen Mixed Vegetables.

If some of you might recognize that some of this stuff might be used in Turkey Dressing, you would be correct. I already have the Turkey, Cranberry Sauces, Bread, Flour and Olives. As a single retired senior, I sometimes do not do Turkey on Thanksgiving Day, but this time, I will, not with a whole Turkey, but a section of Turkey Breast.

I had to stagger grocery trips, so that things would fit in the fridge.

My coarse ground Blue Corn Grits and Blue Cornmeal Flour arrive today, from Texas. Tomorrow, I'll receive my Sauerkraut.
Not two minutes after I posted about the arrival from Texas, the FedEx notice went off on my phone. They were early, only 10:00am.

I now have 2Lbs of Coarse Ground Blue Corn Grits and a huge 10Lb. Bag of Blue Cornmeal Flour. That opens the door to a planned cooking project.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom