What produce/ingredients did you buy or obtain today? (2018-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
While I was out dropping some homemade soup off to some elderly people in my neighborhood that I know, I decided to run to 7-Eleven to pick up some snacks. The store is on the same neighborhood as far as the energy grade, so they were 20 minutes on, and 20 minutes off, on the same cycle is my house. So, people had to wait while the power was off, and when the power came on it was cash only, because their connection to the credit card companies was down.

All I bought was some junk snacks that I really shouldn’t eat, but I felt like it.

Crushed tomatoes
Diced tomatoes
Jarlsberg Cheese
Sharp White Cheddar
Cherry tomatoes
Green Leaf Lettuce
Fresh basil
Cucumber
Radishes
Sweet pickles
Bread-and-butter pickles
Tortillas
Water
Butter Cheese
Mozzarella Cheese
Half-and-half
Buttermilk
Milk
Eggs
Sam Adams Beer (Alpine Lager)
Cognac

Went to the international market today (or as my overseas friends say, "the market" :laugh:):

A bit more food. I'm channeling my inner MypinchofItaly with by cookie/biscuit selection:

The heavy cream is from a local dairy, low/heat pasteurized, so I'll be making some creme fraiche with that. That canned whipped stuff is about the only brand of that type of product I can tolerate, but it's expensive.

Also got some good butcher-made sausages:

That's a pork bratwurst. I was looking for more of a French-style pork sausage, but no luck. We have a lot of ethnic groups between Cincinnati and Dayton, but French ain't one of 'em, so no Frenchie links for me. Maybe in Cincy (these came from closer to Dayton)...

A bit more food. I'm channeling my inner MypinchofItaly with by cookie/biscuit selection:
View attachment 57808

The heavy cream is from a local dairy, low/heat pasteurized, so I'll be making some creme fraiche with that. That canned whipped stuff is about the only brand of that type of product I can tolerate, but it's expensive.

Also got some good butcher-made sausages:
View attachment 57809

That's a pork bratwurst. I was looking for more of a French-style pork sausage, but no luck. We have a lot of ethnic groups between Cincinnati and Dayton, but French ain't one of 'em, so no Frenchie links for me. Maybe in Cincy (these came from closer to Dayton)...

I would make wafer sandwiches stuffed with that whipped cream :hyper:

It's getting time to fill out my fridge, freezer and pantry. I won't get everything on this list, because some I know I won't find and some won't all fit in the fridge and freezer. But this is the want list.

Bananas
Beef Strips
Cabbage
Canadian Bacon
Canteloupe
Celery
Cheese, Cream
Cheese, Pepper Jack
Cheese, Swiss
Croissants/Biscuits, Breakfast
Cucumber
Garlic, pealed
Garlic, minced (jar)
Juice, Various
Macadamia Nuts
Mixed Vegetables
Mushrooms, Crimini Brown
Mustard, Stone Ground
Olives, Kalamata Whole
Pasta, Fettucini
Peppers, Anaheim
Peppers, Serrano
Persimmons
Polenta
Prosciutto
Salami, Sopressata
Snow Peas
Veal
Yeast, Active Dry
Yeast, Rapid Rise
Zuchini, Green
Zuchini, Yellow

This is everything for the first half of the week
1 Pineapple
3 bellpeppers
1 zucchini
1 eggplant
1 mango
400g white champignon
1 bundle carrots
1kg onions
oats
kefir
buttermilk
small chicken breast
2 blocks butter
100g smoked sausage/jagdwurst
Stay healthy

A quick trip to our local "refill" shop today enabled our tubs of brown lentils and green lentils to get up to near the top. We also indulged in some yogurt raisins and chopped dried figs, both of which go very nicely with a glass of good beer. Another bonus is that the woman who runs the shop is well up on her knowledge of cask beer and told us all about a new micro-brewery a few miles up the coast from where we live. An investigation will start in approximately 30 seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom