What produce/ingredients did you buy or obtain today? (2018-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got back from doing the shopping for groceries and not everything will fit in the fridge and freezer. Happily however, I get to fit when I take out the stuff I will use to make today's challenge recipe.

:okay:

Organic minced beef
Organic chicken breast
Smoked salmon deli slices
Organic beef tartare spread for sandwiches
Cabbage
Tomatoes
Brussels endive
Cucumber
Fresh chives
Parsnips
Apples
Bananas
Mango
Whole wheat bread
Farmer's cheese
Buffalo mozzarella
Whole organic milk
2 packs of organic butter
6 organic eggs
Organic Greek yoghurt
Tinned San Marzano tomatoes
Jars of organic, sugar free apple sauce

We found out there was a local farm stand about 30 minutes north of us, which is a lot better than the one nearly 90 minutes south, so we took a drive up there. Got some great produce. That's a gold zucchini next to the green BTW. I can't wait to use the squash blossoms. We got 2 containers of strawberries. Look at those huge heads of garlic!

A decent-sized shopping trip today, but it sure was expensive. I know they've cut back digital coupons since the pandemic started, and now I'm starting to suspect higher prices. Anyway, here's what I got:

Chicken lunchmeat
Colby cheese
White mushrooms
Fresh chives
Fresh mint
Fresh sage
Plums
Raspberries
Blueberries
Strawberries
Pears
Apples
Fresh parsley
Leeks
Fennel
Shallots
Onions
Romano cheese
Bone-in skin-on chicken breast
Sweet pickle relish
Chicken broth
Olive oil
Bread flour
Lucky Charms cereal
Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal
Grape-Nuts cereal
Honey
Rolled oats
Dried cherries
Tortilla chips
Raspberry Sorbet
Water
Sharp Cheddar cheese
Cream cheese
Butter
Heavy cream
Half-and-half
Milk
Eggs
Vermouth
Little white wine 4-pack
Prosecco

That lot cost $180US! At first I figured it was the booze, but that accounted for...nine plus eight...carry the one... six plus two...just under $28, so even if I'd left out the drinks, it'd still have been $150.

A decent-sized shopping trip today, but it sure was expensive. I know they've cut back digital coupons since the pandemic started, and now I'm starting to suspect higher prices. Anyway, here's what I got:

Chicken lunchmeat
Colby cheese
White mushrooms
Fresh chives
Fresh mint
Fresh sage
Plums
Raspberries
Blueberries
Strawberries
Pears
Apples
Fresh parsley
Leeks
Fennel
Shallots
Onions
Romano cheese
Bone-in skin-on chicken breast
Sweet pickle relish
Chicken broth
Olive oil
Bread flour
Lucky Charms cereal
Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal
Grape-Nuts cereal
Honey
Rolled oats
Dried cherries
Tortilla chips
Raspberry Sorbet
Water
Sharp Cheddar cheese
Cream cheese
Butter
Heavy cream
Half-and-half
Milk
Eggs
Vermouth
Little white wine 4-pack
Prosecco

That lot cost $180US! At first I figured it was the booze, but that accounted for...nine plus eight...carry the one... six plus two...just under $28, so even if I'd left out the drinks, it'd still have been $150.

I can get by on 180-bucks for a month of groceries. A lot of perishables on your list -- You and Mrs T have a lot to eat in a short time, unless you freeze some stuff.

BTW, which one of you eats Lucky Charms? Be honest. :wink:

CD

BTW, which one of you eats Lucky Charms? Be honest. :wink:
That's MrsTasty's all-time favorite cereal, closely followed by Frosted Flakes. Please note the Grape-Nuts are mine.

I'll make it even better for you...when she eats those cereals...she sprinkles a spoonful of sugar on top.

That's MrsTasty's all-time favorite cereal, closely followed by Frosted Flakes. Please note the Grape-Nuts are mine.

I'll make it even better for you...when she eats those cereals...she sprinkles a spoonful of sugar on top.
The cinnamon toast crunch is delicious. But crazy expensive here, and not available by any other means than import. I indulge sometimes, but the cost is dear.

The cinnamon toast crunch is delicious. But crazy expensive here, and not available by any other means than import. I indulge sometimes, but the cost is dear.

I confess I have a box of Cinnamon Toast Crunch in my pantry. I don't generally put it in a bowl with milk. I snack on it right out of the box.

CD

There's a shop in London that specializes in American breakfast cereals. We stopped in the last time we were there, to gape at the prices more than anything else. $$$$$!

This stuff is cheap here, obviously. The box I bought is 1lb 11oz/27oz/765g - regular price is $3.99, but I had a coupon, so I got it for $3.49. Same with the Lucky Charms.

There's a shop in London that specializes in American breakfast cereals. We stopped in the last time we were there, to gape at the prices more than anything else. $$$$$!

This stuff is cheap here, obviously. The box I bought is 1lb 11oz/27oz/765g - regular price is $3.99, but I had a coupon, so I got it for $3.49. Same with the Lucky Charms.
Yeah indeed it's amazing how much American produce costs once import tariffs are added. I often substitute by taking Nestle Curiously Cinnamon which is also nice but import as well so still pricey but a little less than American products.

For some reason unknown to me there is no Dutch cinnamon cereal brand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom