What produce/ingredients did you buy or obtain today? (2018-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This fish is not familiar to my boyfriend.
I googled a few of the suggestions, have not discovered a perfect match yet.
Any chance finding out from the fisher himself?

This is India’s famous Bombay Duck! I have seen (and smelled) the renowned dried version but never eaten it. Upon seeing it today I Googled it and found out that it works well floured and fried, so I might give it a go, though bit worried that it will be very bony.

Bombay duck

This is India’s famous Bombay Duck! I have seen (and smelled) the renowned dried version but never eaten it. Upon seeing it today I Googled it and found out that it works well floured and fried, so I might give it a go, though bit worried that it will be very bony.

Bombay duck

I love but I think it was banned from importation to the UK some time ago.

At ALDI's:
Boneless-skinless chicken breasts
Havarti
Manchego
Gruyere
Gummy fruit chews
Broccoli crowns

From Kroger's:
Fresh flowers
Dot's Cheese Curls
Chicken breast lunchmeat
Green onions
Romaine lettuce
Radishes
Leeks
Napa Cabbage
Grape tomatoes
Fresh rosemary
Opal apples
Cantaloupe
Petite gold potatoes
Mayonnaise
Banana pepper rings
White wine vinegar
Rice wine vinegar
Sesame oil
Water
Top sirloin steaks (2)
Pie crusts
Eggs

I bought the rice wine vinegar and the sesame oil for the ribs I'm making tomorrow (or the next day) - which means once I make those, they'll sit in my cupboard for five years until I decide to make another Asian-inspired dish, and then I'll throw them out and buy new. :laugh:

Bombay duck
Sounds interesting! Thank you.Will you let us know how it turned out? Yes, they might...are they 12-15 cm sized or smaller?

At ALDI's:
Boneless-skinless chicken breasts
Havarti
Manchego
Gruyere
Gummy fruit chews
Broccoli crowns

From Kroger's:
Fresh flowers
Dot's Cheese Curls
Chicken breast lunchmeat
Green onions
Romaine lettuce
Radishes
Leeks
Napa Cabbage
Grape tomatoes
Fresh rosemary
Opal apples
Cantaloupe
Petite gold potatoes
Mayonnaise
Banana pepper rings
White wine vinegar
Rice wine vinegar
Sesame oil
Water
Top sirloin steaks (2)
Pie crusts
Eggs

I bought the rice wine vinegar and the sesame oil for the ribs I'm making tomorrow (or the next day) - which means once I make those, they'll sit in my cupboard for five years until I decide to make another Asian-inspired dish, and then I'll throw them out and buy new. :laugh:

Keep the sesame oil in the fridge.

CD

You can use sesame oil in all sorts of things not just Asian inspired. One here I did not long ago: Recipe - Poussin with Pistachio, Sumac and Orange You can add a little to salad dressings or sprinkle to 'finish' dishes. Another example: Recipe - Charred Cauliflower, Blue Cheese and Grapes with Sesame Dressing

Oh well, I simply couldn’t resist. Obviously I’ve bought it only for the surprise in it, not for the amazing gianduia chocolate, no no

You can use sesame oil in all sorts of things not just Asian inspired. One here I did not long ago: Recipe - Poussin with Pistachio, Sumac and Orange You can add a little to salad dressings or sprinkle to 'finish' dishes. Another example: Recipe - Charred Cauliflower, Blue Cheese and Grapes with Sesame Dressing
I have to admit...I don't really like the taste of it. When MrsT and I were dating, she'd want to go out for Chinese a lot, and I could never find anything I really cared for, and there was frequently this underlying common flavor that I couldn't figure out, which I finally traced back to sesame oil. Even smelling it flips my stomach a bit.

I have to admit...I don't really like the taste of it. When MrsT and I were dating, she'd want to go out for Chinese a lot, and I could never find anything I really cared for, and there was frequently this underlying common flavor that I couldn't figure out, which I finally traced back to sesame oil. Even smelling it flips my stomach a bit.

I like sesame oil, but, I also like toasted sesame seeds. With sesame oil, a little goes a long way. Just a hint works, for me.

CD

I like sesame oil, but, I also like toasted sesame seeds. With sesame oil, a little goes a long way. Just a hint works, for me.

CD
I love sesame seeds. I sprinkle those on all sorts of things and also just eat them straight from the jar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom