What produce/ingredients did you buy or obtain today? (2018-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
twoday! I scored a bunch of heritage pork - a boneless shoulder + six bone in chops.
all local Berkshire stock.

plus a goofy thing . . . .
baked off a loaf of no-knead this AM; it was cooling while we were farmer's marketing . . .
DW has been on a pester about the origins and future of avocado toast....
well, two vendors had avocados - hard as a rock....
but there's a bloke making / selling guacamole from scratch in front of your eyes.
so thought I,,,, he's got ripe avocados....
being unbashful I asked if I could buy a ripe avocado, explaining the bread's fresh - it will not wait 2-3 days for an avocado to catch up . . . .
he wistfully explain he's not allowed to sell avocados -
and then asked "How many do you need?"
one, replied I.
whenceforthwith he reached into his box and gifted me an avocado - not allowed to sell it, but he can give me one.
really nice guy - and we enjoyed a really nice lunch snack.

here's the bread, tonight's dinner making a cameo....

I need to gas up the vehicle tomorrow and while out will visit the grocery store.

Here's what I will be looking for ...

Amaretto (if I can find it)
Apples
Anchovies, Rolled around Capers
Bananas
Cantaloupe
Cheese, Gouda
Cheese, Pepper Jack
Cheese, Swiss
Cottage Cheese
Grapes, Green
Half n Half
Honeydew Melon
Juice, Orange
Juice, Various
Kiwi Fruit
Lamb, Stewing
Mushrooms
Onions
Oranges
Peaches or Nectarines
Pears
Peppers, Anaheim
Persimmons (if I can find them)
Pizza Crusts, Bobboli
Steak, Fillet Mignon or Coulotte
Tomatoes
Whipped Cream

Liquid Laundry Soap

Ordered these 'Banana Shallots' that I've never seen on sale here before. I did not think they would be this big. Usually the 'shallots' we get just look like baby red onions (I'm convinced that's what they are :) ) and i've seen pictures of what a shallot looks like say in France (more like the shape and colour of these below, if not the size). They smell different - more like a cross between a sharp onion and a leek.

IMG_7084.JPG

IMG_7085.JPG

IMG_7086.JPG

The new technology amazes me more every day. My wife goes shopping with a list and I always think of something else after she's left. I use Farcebook to contact her with the addition(s). And she uses the same medium to send me pictures of the produce that's on sale if she's not sure about it. And there are no charges!

The new technology amazes me more every day. My wife goes shopping with a list and I always think of something else after she's left. I use Farcebook to contact her with the addition(s). And she uses the same medium to send me pictures of the produce that's on sale if she's not sure about it. And there are no charges!
Somewhere along the same lines, my boyfriend and I use Whatsarpp. he texted an idea how to upgrade the ground meat rolls I made yesterday. I shared the eggs on sale info. But he already got that same sale.😂 And so it goes back and forth.

I got my ramps, as well as some white asparagus, golden beets, poblano peppers, and 2 huge red bells for $1. Pics later. They had the biggest jalapenos I've ever seen. Most were nearly 6 inches long and fat as they could be. They had some huge scotch bonnets as well

A good haul! I planted ramps about 5 weeks ago. They were beginning to shoot. No sign of them at all so I think they are lost.:cry:

My upcoming grocery list ...

Amaretto (if I can find it)
Bacon
Beef, Steak, Fillet Mignon or Coulotte
Cheese Feta
Cheese, Gouda
Cheese, Swiss
Coffee
Eggs
Honeydew Melon
Juice, Various
Lamb, Stewing