What produce/ingredients did you buy or obtain today? (2018-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Picked up some classic white and brown bread today..They asked for "Church Lady Sandwiches" as we are catering for a funeral tomorrow..I don't know if I should be happy or sad a about that..

After 18 months of Boris telling me I couldn't go, I finally made it up to Tori & Ben's again this morning.

Tori & Bens Farm Shop – Derbyshire Farm Shop & Deli

No photos as it is all divided up in the fridge or freezer, but:

Half shoulder of Jacob's lamb
Two Javob's Barnsley chops
12 rashers of treacle cured bacon
Black pudding
Longhorn beef mince
4 longhorn beef burgers
Longhorn beef cheeks
2 longhorn ribeye (tonights tea)
6 Welsh Dragon sausages - leek and fresh chilli

Here are Tori and Ben with their Jacob's ewe that had just won best Jacob's and best overall sheep at the Yorkshire show, considered to be the most prestigious show in Britain.

Also here is their prize Longhorn bull "Acer" being introduced to the ladies this week, and ready to earn his keep, as it where.

After 18 months of Boris telling me I couldn't go, I finally made it up to Tori & Ben's again this morning.

Tori & Bens Farm Shop – Derbyshire Farm Shop & Deli

No photos as it is all divided up in the fridge or freezer, but:

Half shoulder of Jacob's lamb
Two Javob's Barnsley chops
12 rashers of treacle cured bacon
Black pudding
Longhorn beef mince
4 longhorn beef burgers
Longhorn beef cheeks
2 longhorn ribeye (tonights tea)
6 Welsh Dragon sausages - leek and fresh chilli

Here are Tori and Ben with their Jacob's ewe that had just won best Jacob's and best overall sheep at the Yorkshire show, considered to be the most prestigious show in Britain.

View attachment 68327

Also here is their prize Longhorn bull "Acer" being introduced to the ladies this week, and ready to earn his keep, as it where.

View attachment 68328

The Longhorns photo caught my eye. Their horns curl downward, whereas Texas Longhorns curl up (and are bigger, or course :wink: ). I wonder why they curl in different directions.

Screen Shot 2021-07-31 at 6.37.04 AM.jpg

CD

My ex-boss bought in two long horn sheep to keep his grass short. He had over an acre but they both died. Starvation apparantly.

The Longhorns photo caught my eye. Their horns curl downward, whereas Texas Longhorns curl up (and are bigger, or course :wink: ). I wonder why they curl in different directions.

View attachment 68330

CD
Selective breeding I guess, smaller, downward pointing horns cause less damage in a herd or when they have to come indoors. It could of course be that British cows are more humble, refined and quieter than American cows :giggle:

I just noticed that your longhorns have longer, thicker hair than Texas longhorns, but I assume that is a matter of evolution to match climate.

CD

Went to vote in a special primary this morning, and the organic farmer family's little shop is just around the corner, so I popped in and got this:

Those green onions are huge, I put my chef's knife in there for scale. That's also the first of the the local sweet corn and the first of the local tomatoes. I've already had one of those and they're pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom