What produce/ingredients did you buy or obtain today? (2018-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was my grocery list when I went for groceries, this morning.

Berries:

Blueberries
Strawberries

Beverages:

Juices (Various)

Dairy:

Ice Cream, Breyer's Heath Bar (Toffee Bar)

Fruit:

Apple Sauce
Apples
Guava
Mango
Persimmons
Pineapple
Pomegranate
* Something New * (Durian, Feijoa, Star Fruit, Sapodilla)

Grain:

Ciabatta Rolls
Rye Bread

Meat:

Sausage, Pork
Sopresatta

Sauces and Oils:

Four Cheese Sauce

Snacks:

Potato Chips

Syrups:

Agave Syrup
Honey

Vegetables:

Capers
Endives
Garlic, Crushed
Hominy, Canned
Peppers, Jalapeno
Radicchio
Radishes
Spinach, Baby

Specialty Items:

Mirugai (Giant Pacific Geoduck Clam)
Uni (if I can find it)

Exotic or Online Food Items:

Frog Legs
Pheasant
Tuna, Bluefin, Belly Meat

Both my wife and I like a banana now and again, but this is a tad ridiculous!

We were given these yesterday.

Hubby would get through that lot in a week of he was allowed to...

The problem is that once they become ripe enough to eat there's only another five days before they're going bad.

It is said that it's best to keep them at room temperature. What is room temperature? Ours rarely drops below 30°C.

Last edited:
I like bananas, but like you said, they have a very short window of opportunity for eating when they're fresh, and I don't like them in much of anything else.

One thing I do like to do with them is make a little dessert sauce that calls for beer (stout) and bananas. It's really simple. I'll get that posted up today sometime and link it here.

Banana ice is simple and everyone who likes cheap and easy food likes banana ice cream. The starchy ones can be sliced lengthwise with skin on and deepfried to banana chips, after the deep-frying you should dust them with powdered sugar , spices or, and I haven't tried that one, coat them in dark chocolate. Banana bread is also a very good idea, then there are banana muffins, cookies and maybe banana liqueur.

I like bananas, but like you said, they have a very short window of opportunity for eating when they're fresh, and I don't like them in much of anything else.

One thing I do like to do with them is make a little dessert sauce that calls for beer (stout) and bananas. It's really simple. I'll get that posted up today sometime and link it here.
Recipe - Ice Cream & Beer Bananas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom